1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
rachyb22
Last Activity:
May 23, 2017

Share This Page

rachyb22

Newcomer, Female

i fully accept my tms diagnosis and am so excited to begin this journey of healing. Sep 23, 2016

rachyb22 was last seen:
May 23, 2017
  • My Story

day 1.
    After seveal months of training hard at the gym i felt an onset of pain in my lower back. I spoke to my uncle who is a chiropractor and after several adjustments and no relief he suggested xrays and an mri.
    I was diagonsed with a herniated disc at l5-s1 and spondilolythesis a few weeks ago. I knew from the beginning it was not a physical injury. Apparantly i had the spondy since i was young accoridng to my old xrays, but never in my life had i felt this pain. immediately this made no sense. When i got the phone call with results from the MRI i was literally on the stairmaster feeling fine, slight pain, still working out and enjoying my cardio session, and as soon as the doctor told me what i "had" the pain got more intense. I got off the machine and walked over to the weights and I looked in the mirror and cried. I called people and asked what kind of workout i should do with this new diagnosis and most people said dont work out. go home and rest. u cant be active right now. Intuitively i knew this was bullshit. something WAS OFF. After so much research, speaking with so many people, seeing different doctors, and trying different treatments i found myself in more pain and mental anguish. I thought to myself the resolution to this pain could not be outside of myself, because none of these people fully understand whats going on. none of these treatments are for me. i am crying as i write this because i have never been so sure of something in my life.
    About 2 weeks after my diagnosis, i recieved one postural therapy session, so many drugs , 2 PT Sessions, so much anxiety and worsening of all symptons, i had a severe acute pain attack on my back and it radiated down to my legs and i felt like i couldnt move. I layed on the couch alone at my dads house crying and called a friend to come over because i was alone and thought i might need to go to the hospital. the person who came over happens to be one of the most amazing spiritual and inspritational friends ive ever had. she calmed me down and stayed with me til i was ok. the next day she sent me a link to a gabby bernstein lecture where she mentioned dr sarnos book. it resonated with me but i will still seaking resolution from a therapist or doctor or other mechanical modality. i tried a bunch of different things, and after a few more weeks of pain, worry, and distress i finally got the book on audio and knew instantly this was the answer. within 5 minutes of listening to dr sarno i was 100% sure i had TMS. in one day i changed my entire perception and decided to end all other forms of healing and focus on a TMS treatment plan.
    I completely accept this diagnosis and nothing has ever resonated with me more in my entire life. I am so grateful this happened because i have known for so long how bad i needed to change my mental and emotional state. for my whole life i have put so much pressure on myself and become obsessive and type A in everything i do.
    I wanted to become a better and more evolved person and i didnt know how. not knowing how to go about this change gave me even more anxiety and caused me even more fear which im sure led to this event.
    I am so excited to start this healing journey and committed to the process.
    1. rachyb22
      rachyb22
      i fully accept my tms diagnosis and am so excited to begin this journey of healing.
    2. rachyb22
  • My Story

Diagnoses:
    herniated l5-s1, spondilolysthesis grade 1
    day 1.
    After seveal months of training hard at the gym i felt an onset of pain in my lower back. I spoke to my uncle who is a chiropractor and after several adjustments and no relief he suggested xrays and an mri.
    I was diagonsed with a herniated disc at l5-s1 and spondilolythesis a few weeks ago. I knew from the beginning it was not a physical injury. Apparantly i had the spondy since i was young accoridng to my old xrays, but never in my life had i felt this pain. immediately this made no sense. When i got the phone call with results from the MRI i was literally on the stairmaster feeling fine, slight pain, still working out and enjoying my cardio session, and as soon as the doctor told me what i "had" the pain got more intense. I got off the machine and walked over to the weights and I looked in the mirror and cried. I called people and asked what kind of workout i should do with this new diagnosis and most people said dont work out. go home and rest. u cant be active right now. Intuitively i knew this was bullshit. something WAS OFF. After so much research, speaking with so many people, seeing different doctors, and trying different treatments i found myself in more pain and mental anguish. I thought to myself the resolution to this pain could not be outside of myself, because none of these people fully understand whats going on. none of these treatments are for me. i am crying as i write this because i have never been so sure of something in my life.
    About 2 weeks after my diagnosis, i recieved one postural therapy session, so many drugs , 2 PT Sessions, so much anxiety and worsening of all symptons, i had a severe acute pain attack on my back and it radiated down to my legs and i felt like i couldnt move. I layed on the couch alone at my dads house crying and called a friend to come over because i was alone and thought i might need to go to the hospital. the person who came over happens to be one of the most amazing spiritual and inspritational friends ive ever had. she calmed me down and stayed with me til i was ok. the next day she sent me a link to a gabby bernstein lecture where she mentioned dr sarnos book. it resonated with me but i will still seaking resolution from a therapist or doctor or other mechanical modality. i tried a bunch of different things, and after a few more weeks of pain, worry, and distress i finally got the book on audio and knew instantly this was the answer. within 5 minutes of listening to dr sarno i was 100% sure i had TMS. in one day i changed my entire perception and decided to end all other forms of healing and focus on a TMS treatment plan.
    I completely accept this diagnosis and nothing has ever resonated with me more in my entire life. I am so grateful this happened because i have known for so long how bad i needed to change my mental and emotional state. for my whole life i have put so much pressure on myself and become obsessive and type A in everything i do.
    I wanted to become a better and more evolved person and i didnt know how. not knowing how to go about this change gave me even more anxiety and caused me even more fear which im sure led to this event.
    I am so excited to start this healing journey and committed to the process.