1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!
niap independence
Last Activity:
Jul 18, 2022

Share This Page

niap independence

New Member, Male

DON'T GIVE UP YOUR QUEST FOR BETTER - It is there in front of you, just keep looking. Jun 10, 2022

niap independence was last seen:
Jul 18, 2022
  • My Story

Since 2009, I have spent endless tests to provide a diagnosis of my true condition, with no understanding from my GP, rheumatologist or Pain Management, they just do not understand the symptom.

The weird thing here in the UK they say try Tai Chi, " Look mate I can barely walk across the room, what the hell do you think that will do?"

Endless trips to the GP, a cocktail of antidepressants, anticonvulsants that mess your head up destroy your life and send you into a deeper negative spiral of decline.

Now 56 yrs of age I paid privately for psychotherapy, hypnosis, both discovered independently childhood trauma, interpersonal parental relationships just as Alan describes here, absolutely text book Fear of Criticism, Fear of failure, Fear of rejection, Fear of confrontation

Not OK to express certain feelings. - sadness, emotions, feeling unsafe

The one message I would say to anyone is I was in total denial about my past trauma, as Dr Sarno explains, like me I needed the psychotherapy intervention and hypnosis enabled me to tell the truth without me trying to stop, in other words I was in a subconscious state not conscious so I had to tell the true, the therapist then explained the hidden reason, the association of why I was acting in a way, explained my fears, poor relationships etc, this was fundamental to my sceptical mind and from here the PARADIGM SHIFT (Dr Sarno speaks of this and the self diagnosis was an important key) came one 5 am morning, when the flood gates opened - at this point I just could not stop writing and the who thing made sense.

I could now feel able to move forward with the programme of re learning.

GOOD LUCK - DO NOT GIVE UP. IT DOES WORK.
    1. JanAtheCPA
      JanAtheCPA
      Great intro, thank you and welcome!
    2. niap independence
      niap independence
      DON'T GIVE UP YOUR QUEST FOR BETTER - It is there in front of you, just keep looking.
      1. JanAtheCPA likes this.
  • My Story

Since 2009, I have spent endless tests to provide a diagnosis of my true condition, with no understanding from my GP, rheumatologist or Pain Management, they just do not understand the symptom.

The weird thing here in the UK they say try Tai Chi, " Look mate I can barely walk across the room, what the hell do you think that will do?"

Endless trips to the GP, a cocktail of antidepressants, anticonvulsants that mess your head up destroy your life and send you into a deeper negative spiral of decline.

Now 56 yrs of age I paid privately for psychotherapy, hypnosis, both discovered independently childhood trauma, interpersonal parental relationships just as Alan describes here, absolutely text book Fear of Criticism, Fear of failure, Fear of rejection, Fear of confrontation

Not OK to express certain feelings. - sadness, emotions, feeling unsafe

The one message I would say to anyone is I was in total denial about my past trauma, as Dr Sarno explains, like me I needed the psychotherapy intervention and hypnosis enabled me to tell the truth without me trying to stop, in other words I was in a subconscious state not conscious so I had to tell the true, the therapist then explained the hidden reason, the association of why I was acting in a way, explained my fears, poor relationships etc, this was fundamental to my sceptical mind and from here the PARADIGM SHIFT (Dr Sarno speaks of this and the self diagnosis was an important key) came one 5 am morning, when the flood gates opened - at this point I just could not stop writing and the who thing made sense.

I could now feel able to move forward with the programme of re learning.

GOOD LUCK - DO NOT GIVE UP. IT DOES WORK.