1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
SusieQ
Last Activity:
Jul 31, 2015
Bookmarks:
Mother

Share This Page

SusieQ

New Member, Female, from New Jersey

SusieQ was last seen:
Jul 31, 2015
  • My Story

Hello TMS wiki Members! I've been reading your posts for months now and finding so many helpful recommendations in conquering TMS. This is my first post on the Forum. I am 52 years old; a 4 year survivor from Stage IV Cervical cancer; my divorce was finalized in the Spring of 2012; my sister succumbed to metastatic breast cancer in the Fall of 2012; my mother (age 80) is currently undergoing chemotherapy treatments; we survived Super Storm Sandy also in the Fall of 2012; I share custody of our 3 teenage children - the oldest is heading off to college this Fall! I have TMS. I have no doubt about it. I have a TMS trained physician - Dr. Paul Gwozdz - who was himself a patient of Dr. Sarno. I've read each of Dr. Sarno's books (and of course, saw myself on every page!) I'm now devouring Steven Ozanich's "The Great Pain Deception" - quite possibly the most concise work on the mind-body connection. (I will also add that my father - age 87 this year - was a pharmacist and completely committed to medications and physicians to cure all ailments. Of course big pharmaceutical stocks dominate his investment portfolio! He is a TMS sufferer himself, but still relies on cortisone shots, lidocaine patches and P/T) My pain emanates from my hips and pelvic region. It travels down both legs, to my knees, calfs and ankles. I am a cripple. I depend on a cane to walk. I'm exhausted. I'm embarrassed and self-conscience. I attend programs at my local cancer support organization - stress management, relaxation, meditation. I would like to learn more on VISUALIZATION techniques to overcome TMS, and would appreciate any recommendations from fellow members. I feel I could benefit from this added approach because I (was) a painter, but my creativity has been squelched by my anxiety and pre-occupation with my pain. I long to have a paint brush in my hand, in front of a blank white canvas, but cannot even motivate myself to unpack my art supplies from their boxes when we moved! I know I have the strength to overcome this TMS prison I'm living in right now. I just want to enjoy life once again - regain my creative mind - dig in my garden - laugh with my children before it's too late - and walk without pain!
    1. Grateful17
      Grateful17
      Hi Susie. I am new here too. I devoured Steve-O's book THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION TOO.....Could not put it down...
  • My Story

Mother
    Hello TMS wiki Members! I've been reading your posts for months now and finding so many helpful recommendations in conquering TMS. This is my first post on the Forum. I am 52 years old; a 4 year survivor from Stage IV Cervical cancer; my divorce was finalized in the Spring of 2012; my sister succumbed to metastatic breast cancer in the Fall of 2012; my mother (age 80) is currently undergoing chemotherapy treatments; we survived Super Storm Sandy also in the Fall of 2012; I share custody of our 3 teenage children - the oldest is heading off to college this Fall! I have TMS. I have no doubt about it. I have a TMS trained physician - Dr. Paul Gwozdz - who was himself a patient of Dr. Sarno. I've read each of Dr. Sarno's books (and of course, saw myself on every page!) I'm now devouring Steven Ozanich's "The Great Pain Deception" - quite possibly the most concise work on the mind-body connection. (I will also add that my father - age 87 this year - was a pharmacist and completely committed to medications and physicians to cure all ailments. Of course big pharmaceutical stocks dominate his investment portfolio! He is a TMS sufferer himself, but still relies on cortisone shots, lidocaine patches and P/T) My pain emanates from my hips and pelvic region. It travels down both legs, to my knees, calfs and ankles. I am a cripple. I depend on a cane to walk. I'm exhausted. I'm embarrassed and self-conscience. I attend programs at my local cancer support organization - stress management, relaxation, meditation. I would like to learn more on VISUALIZATION techniques to overcome TMS, and would appreciate any recommendations from fellow members. I feel I could benefit from this added approach because I (was) a painter, but my creativity has been squelched by my anxiety and pre-occupation with my pain. I long to have a paint brush in my hand, in front of a blank white canvas, but cannot even motivate myself to unpack my art supplies from their boxes when we moved! I know I have the strength to overcome this TMS prison I'm living in right now. I just want to enjoy life once again - regain my creative mind - dig in my garden - laugh with my children before it's too late - and walk without pain!