1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Physio Guy
Last Activity:
Dec 3, 2015

Following 1

Followers 1

PT

Share This Page

Physio Guy

New Member, Male, from Canada

Full time Physio. Considered self cured. Here to offer advice and support for getting strong and active again. Aug 23, 2015

Physio Guy was last seen:
Dec 3, 2015
  • My Story

I was first exposed to TMS over 3 years ago after being handed “Healing Back Pain” as a friend thought it might interest me. As a physio, I immediately took offense to the title of the book as well as the underheading: “Without drugs, without surgery, without exercise, back pain can be cured forever.” I was curious how such a preposterous claim could be made, so I started the book. I was only a few chapters in when tingles went up and down my body. “This guy’s right” I said out loud to myself. Even though it went against every bit of medical and orthopedic training I had been taught, the truth was screaming out at me right to my core.

I already knew that there was a large psychological component to lower back pain, and pain in general, but this was the first clear explanation of a diagnosis. The diagnosis and treatment of TMS. I immediately began implementing the treatment protocol on myself with incredible success.

I am the only physio that I know of (I’m sure there are others) who accepts the concept of TMS. There are still many areas where my skills are very relevant (post-traumatic recovery, post surgery, exercise and neurological rehabilitation), and I am gradually integrating a more psychological approach to my TMS relevant patients.
    1. Physio Guy
      Physio Guy
      Full time Physio. Considered self cured. Here to offer advice and support for getting strong and active again.
      1. JanAtheCPA and IndiMarshall like this.
    2. Physio Guy
      Physio Guy
      Full time Physio, integrating TMS into practice
      1. Forest likes this.
      2. Forest
        Forest
        Welcome to the community!
        Jul 26, 2015
  • My Story

PT
    I was first exposed to TMS over 3 years ago after being handed “Healing Back Pain” as a friend thought it might interest me. As a physio, I immediately took offense to the title of the book as well as the underheading: “Without drugs, without surgery, without exercise, back pain can be cured forever.” I was curious how such a preposterous claim could be made, so I started the book. I was only a few chapters in when tingles went up and down my body. “This guy’s right” I said out loud to myself. Even though it went against every bit of medical and orthopedic training I had been taught, the truth was screaming out at me right to my core.

I already knew that there was a large psychological component to lower back pain, and pain in general, but this was the first clear explanation of a diagnosis. The diagnosis and treatment of TMS. I immediately began implementing the treatment protocol on myself with incredible success.

I am the only physio that I know of (I’m sure there are others) who accepts the concept of TMS. There are still many areas where my skills are very relevant (post-traumatic recovery, post surgery, exercise and neurological rehabilitation), and I am gradually integrating a more psychological approach to my TMS relevant patients.