1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

5 months no tms

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Aucklander, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Aucklander

Aucklander Peer Supporter

Hi All I haven't posted in a while and I thought I better share a bit about my last 5 months since my last acute tms hit.

What happened is I acknowledged my back pain as tms. Then I stopped thinking about tms, hit the gym 2-3 times a week, journalled a couple of times a week, started to learn guitar, broke up with my girlfriend, got some counseling,read a lot, socialized a lot more and took it way easier on myself. I confronted my narcissistic father about the things he has done that have hurt me. I haven't been putting time deadline expectations on myself like I used to. Don't boil yourself in a pressure cooker if you don't need to.

It's been like a self care self awareness self imposed rehab.
    I encourage you to not loose hope, once you have more wins than losses on a day by day basis it gets easier and tms looses it's power and leaves.

Read my older posts if you want to know my story and how down and angry I was.

It's a journey and often a daily battle but worth the effort.
    Thanks for the support here in our community.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you for posting your success story, Aucklander!
    I keep seeing great lines which would make excellent signature tags. I agree with this one 100%. Still working on it, but it's well worth the daily effort.

Although this one is the one I really need to remind myself about this month:
    :joyful:

Cheers,

~Jan

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Auklander,

Great to hear your successes! I love this:
    And it is working!!!

Andy B.