1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Acne, Accutane & TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by rcterry, Sep 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcterry

rcterry New Member

Hello,

I’m currently working through symptoms of my emotionally induced TMS - mainly low back pain, and things are getting better day by day.

One of the symptoms that is really bothering me is the severe acne that is only on my back. In addition to seeing a TMS doctor who diagnosed me with TMS, I’ve also for several years seen a dermatologist to help me with acne on my face. After last seeing this dermatologist, he said that if things don’t get better on my back by next appointment he would highly recommend Accutane to permanently clear it up.

My question to fellow TMS sufferers - have any of you struggled with acne as a symptom and if so, were you ever pressured to do accutane? Can acne be reduce by taking the TMS approach instead? I’m feeling I’d rather treat it with a TMS approach but wasn’t sure how effect it would be. I’m also a bit fearful of accutane’s physical and mental side effects. Thanks I’m advance for any input.

2. Following this post. I am really struggling with this. I feel like no matter what creams or acne medication I use it doesn’t help my acne anyway... So might as well stop treating it like acne and more like tms?

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm sorry that no one is able to address this question, so I will offer at least this much:

It's well-known that stress makes acne worse, right? Now, if you accept Dr. Gabor Mate's definition of stress as the being the stress which results from emotional repression (and Dr. Mate, by the way does not write about Dr. Sarno or TMS - he developed his theories separately) then it clearly follows that reducing your emotional stress - ie, your emotional repression - can make acne breakouts better.

Dr. Gabor also makes an excellent case (and one which is well-accepted in this community) that emotional stress also causes inflammatory response and a weakened immune system. It's all connected, people.

If you're not yet doing the emotional work (two free resources are offered right here on this forum/wiki) it's time to start! After you've read at least one book by Dr. Sarno, of course.

4. LAILA_B

LAILA_B Newcomer

Hello! I struggled with acne half of my life. I decided to take accutane at 30 and that was the worst mistake of my life. Accutane left me with very deep wrinkle in my face and after few months, the acne came back.

i turned toward functional médecine. And I discovered that my acne was due to an allergy to eggs, lactose and gluten. Now that I stop eating those food and that I’m taking good care of my gut flora, my acne is completely gone and my skin is super clear.

Acne as a lot to do with your gut flora. I would suggest you look towards all alergenic foods : tomatoes, peanuts, shrimps, lactose, gluten and eggs.

What I did in my case was to cut all these from my diet for a month. Be careful with that, you might want to talk to a doctor before doing that. And then I reintegrated the food one by one and see if there was any rections to it. It can be bloating, diarhea, headaches and of course, acne.

Good luck with your journey
    I hope I helped you

Laila

5. Alionalah

Alionalah Newcomer

Hi everyone sorry for the thread bump, I just wanted to ask if you know something about a medicine called Accutane and is it safe to use for acne.

6. JanAtheCPA

Note to serious forum members, this thread attracts spammers who make an off-topic post and return later to insert a link supposedly for an acne product, but of course who knows where it really goes.

Edit a couple days later: and there it is! Do not click :p

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    TG957 likes this.
  7. Alionalah

Alionalah Newcomer

[MODERATOR EDIT: THIS IS SPAM! KEEPING IT FOR EDUCATION AND ENTERTAINMENT (BUT THE LINK HAS BEEN DEACTIVATED)]

I would like to share with you my experience with acne and how I dealt with it. I have started to have acne on my face since I was 12, and it was the worst time in my life. Everyone was bullying me and my parents didn't believe that anything will make my acne go away. Two weeks later I have started to make some research based on acne treatment. Then I have found a wonderful article where the information about acne treatment is fully detailed. You can examine the article by yourself just by accessing this link https://aenoacne.com/pages/our-story. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2021
  8. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Excellent interview of a board certified dermatologist Dr. Seidenberg by Dr. Dan Ratner on this subject:

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  9. JJaabbmm

JJaabbmm Guest

I have found that taking a holistic approach to my overall health, such as nutrition and getting adequate rest, have helped to reduce the severity of my acne.

10. JanAtheCPA

Thread being locked by moderator - there has been no substantial discussion about TMS techniques for acne since 2019, and the thread attracts spammers, (several such have been removed from view) so we'll let the video with Dr. Ratner be the ultimate word on this topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.