1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Alan Gordons meditation

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Dwiegman, Jul 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dwiegman

Dwiegman New Member

in the 21 day program Alan Gordon has a systematic desensitization meditation where you observe your breath then your pain and keep going back and forth. I find it quite helpful but it is only like 6 min long. Does anyone know of a guided meditation just like this that longer? Thanks

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Dwiegman, and welcome!

Alan is awesome, isn't he? I can't recommend a longer meditation, but I would say that your goal is to get used to the concept that you can heal yourself - which means learning how to do this meditation on your own, to the point where you don't even need to sit down to it. Eventually, you want to be able to do this in mere seconds, and move on with your day.

We've been taught to look outside of ourselves for the solutions to our problems. But the true power is within ourselves. All we have to do is learn to love ourselves and trust ourselves so that we know that this is true.

~Jan

Time2be likes this.