1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Alan Gordon's therapy

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Crissyxox, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

Hi everyone. I just needed to share this AHA moment I've been having. I've had many of them through these last couple of days /journey. I'm working through part two of Alan Gordon's process. Listening to the podcast of Mandy's learning how to self soothe and comfort her inner bully was really profound for me.

It's amazing to me how we can all be different people but experience very similar fear and the scare tactics that are brains will go through. It was such a breakthrough moment for me to realize that what I sometimes need is some comfort. This is something that I've struggled with for many many years but realizing that is one of the reasons why I've never felt safe and why the world is such a scary place for me and why I try to control that through physical ways, and now through physical pain.

Wowzers. Deep breath.

Dexy, Forest and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Indeed, or we can in fact have the same experience as someone else, but we may perceive it as a threat whereas someone else doesn't. It's all about conciously being aware of thoughs and not reacting.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Nice one, Mike. That would make a good signature line, in fact!

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Crissyoxo,
    I am happy that you are having this experience. How wonderful to feel your need for this, and begin to actually do this for yourself. I think this is profound. Like realizing we can come home to our self, in a way we never knew.
    Andy B.

Dexy likes this.
  5. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

What's the link for Mandy's podcast. Feel like it would be helpful today. (-:

6. Andy Bayliss

Here it is.
    Click here to download the mp3 audio

I recommend you listen to all of the recordings on Alan's program!!

Bodhigirl likes this.
  7. Bodhigirl

Oh, thanks for the fast response, Andy B! This was perfect. It sounds like a thousands of familiar sessions where I was the therapist. Oh, physician, healing thyself, moment by moment... by moment. TMS keeps me humble, for sure. No wonder you are a Beloved Grand Eagle here!

8. Andy Bayliss

How easily we lose contact with our deeper self!! Very painful. And worse when we blame ourselves for this condition, which is almost inevitable, as childhood beliefs of "bettering ourselves so that we are loved" get activated in the suffering. We actually feel we're responsible for this tough human condition! Ouch! Good luck in your work. I guess it builds character and empathy... we can only hope so.;)

Bodhigirl likes this.
  9. Bodhigirl

Big amen to that. Ouch is right. Still, I would rather hurt than suffer hubris and fly too high, which seems to scorch any number of wings, TMS or not.