1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Allergies - Symtom Imperative?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by KevinB, Jan 22, 2016.

1. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Hey y'all,

I'm still experiencing some pain symptoms with my low back/left butt/leg, but as I'm getting better at ignoring it and getting back to my life, I've noticed my allergies, especially in the last week, have really kicked in. I've read about this being a TMS manifestation, but I'm having a difficult time accepting that it is. When winter hits and our landlord cranks the heat, I get dried up, then usually nose gets really blocked, lots of sneezing, sinus congestion/headaches, dry/chapped lips, and even a cough.... my wife also gets dried out and sneezes a bit, but it ends there... so is this the symptom imperative at work on me? I recall reading something about how our immune systems can become overly active, due to TMS, and that is why some have worse allergies than others? What are people's experiences with this? Thanks for any comments.

Kevin

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kevin. My sinuses get blocked in winter too, so I add a humidifier to my bedroom and where I sit to watch tv in the evening. If the nose is really blocked, I use a Neti Pot to open the sinuses. I bought mine at the drug store. It's called SinuCleanse. You add a little salt to the water in the Neti Pot and put it in one nostril, blow your nose, then do the other. It really works. Another thing is to inhale steam from a pot of hot water. You can probably find a video on Neti Pot in Youtube.