1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Anger Is A Signal

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Stock Trader, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Stock Trader

Stock Trader Peer Supporter

Anger is always a signal. Mindfulness helps reveal what it signals. Sometimes it is a signal that something in the external world needs to be addressed (consciously). Sometimes it is a signal that something is off internally(TMS). If nothing else, anger is a signal that someone is suffering.

Gigalos and eric watson like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I like this message alot. Anger should not be something that we view negatively. Instead it is something that we can embrace and gain valuable insights into our unconscious. A lot of times we can identify the source of our anger is one the surface, but other times in can shed light on areas that we may be avoiding. Thanks for this great reminder.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I totally agree Stock Trader, and forest
    in the past before I learned mindfulness and if I got angry
    I really didn't know what to do but suppress it and wind up hurting
    all this chatter would begin after the suppression then id have anxiety
    to pile on top of the anxiety and around and around it'd go till
    I just stopped thinking about it then id get so stressed id have to get a bottle of wine
    in the past I would have never thought it was trying to tell me something
    now I know it was wanting me to get a grip and learn calmness and relaxation
    up till the age of 39 with my personality type T, I don't think I ever looked at anger
    as a bad thing and really its not, but when you don't know how to work with it- it is
    I had to take up for myself and the best way was through arguments which only made things worse
    or through letting my super ego beat the day lights outta me, like ok ok im never going to do that again I would promise myself
    then goodist is as goodist do and id fall right back into the same trap again like an endless loop
    then it was go ahead and turn the other cheek , the forgiveness for the event I was angry about was a mystery most of the time
    it was like most of America, were programmed thinking bad , stressful, hidden, surpressed anger is good
    we will get over it was the adage - I never did till I learned mindfulness and awareness
    now I know anger is telling me all sorts of things and I listen, do what im supposed to do and get on with my life
    I have 3 uncles that died with heart attacks, it was like getting angry was a style of manship for them
    it was also a voice crying out to slow it down and get a grip on things
    they didn't have the wisdom we have now like here at the site, I really don't know if they'd wanted it
    -
    with me even though I said id forgiven there was always that extra clause coming- ( but I wont forget)

I thank god I know now, ill have lots of years to make things right with my mind and body
    I sure do feel good since I learned mindfulness and awareness,
    an awesome antidote for the good life