1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anger, where art thou?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by TG957, Dec 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Even before opening Sarno's book, I had noticed few years ago that I became emotionally very flat. Thanks to Dr. Sarno and TMS community, I am getting better.

I re-discovered some of the lost feelings (fear, sadness, anxiety) and learned to bring them out and feel through them, letting them work their way through my system and dissolve.

But anger is nowhere to be found. Frequently, I notice that I am in a situation in which I would have gotten angry some 10 years ago, but I can't make myself feel anger. I worked with the TMS psychologist and we got me to grieve and, as it seems, resolve some past issues. But not anger.

Does anyone have a good recipe how to get to the anger and rage?

2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Your trying to find the right recipe is keeping the tms alive. Dr Sarno said it was fruitless to search for the magic bullet of anger.

As humans we repress many emotions, if not we would run around doing crazy things. So many people get caught here in recovery and make it worse by playing whack a mole, searching for one repressed emotion after another. It never ends due to fear.

Your tms moved to a obsession, finding exactly what emotions you have repressed. Its hard but I have been down this path, some have to live and learn.

Let go and go live your life. Fear is your problem, your scared your not doing recovery perfect enough and you fear your still hiding repressed emotions. I hope I shed some light for you, the less I know the more I recover. Trying to heal is a big no no. We are what we believe, good luck.

Ryan

intense50 likes this.
  3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Ryan, all you said is right. But how can I live my life if every morning starts with painful, immobile wrists and hands and pains of various strength and weirdness in feet, ankles, knees, elbows, arms which limit me in most things I do throughout the day? It is hard to ignore the numbness, pins and needles in my fingers almost constantly. I am doing better than a year ago, when pain level was at 8-10 throughout the day and hands were even less mobile, with fingers clenched in a rigid position, so I could barely type for maybe an hour per day and could not write at all. But I have been stagnating more or less in the past 6 months, with occasional improvements and then sliding back down, with pain levels now at 3-5 throughout the day and spikes to about 6-7 every once in a while.

In Sarno's Mindbody Prescription, he included a letter from one of his patients who recommends a precise, I would even say obsessive, regiment of specific activities that one must follow flawlessly in order to recover. It worked miracles for him - so maybe it is not always a bad approach?