1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anxiety, fear, pain, guilt, motherhood thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Apr 14, 2017.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Many women post about their pains that come from the stresses of motherhood.

Actress Jennifer Lopez, recently divorced and mother of twins from the last of her three husbands, speaks on motherhood, nervousness, anxiety, fear, and happiness:

“When you have children, you realize you can't plan anything. There's no Plan A, no Plan B. Life will happen and you will go with it.”

“My main priority now is that my kids are happy; that's my number-one focus in life. Are these little people happy, content, and getting everything they need? Everything after that is secondary. Before, my work was my main priority, even above myself.”

“The best part of having two babies at once, a son and a daughter, is mostly everything. You're just having that feeling of love inside you all the time, and motherhood is such a fulfilling place to be. I kind of wish it would have happened to me earlier in my life.”

“I had twins, so it was really uncomfortable (to sleep), because you lay on one side, and there's a baby, and you lay on the other side, and there's a baby. So I had a really hard time with it.”

“I have so much respect for single moms or anybody who finds themselves a single mother,but to even choose to be a single mother is just so courageous and brave and every other valiant word I can think of. I don't know if I could do it on my own.” (She had to learn to do it, after divorcing Marc Anthony, father of the twins.)

“I don't regret what I've been through. I've had ups and downs, super highs and some really low lows. I've been so blessed that I could never say, 'I wish this didn't happen.' It's part of who I am. There's nothing in my life that's so ugh.”

“Obviously, no parent does everything right. It's this weird thing that happens where you are striving to to be as good as you can be so that they turn out well. And that requires that you be a really great, evolved, aware person in every moment. Which is pretty awesome. But it's also putting tremendous pressure on yourself, which is why women feel so guilty!”

“I love a massage and a long bath. I don't drink; I'll have a sip, but I've never been drunk, and I don't smoke. I envy people who have those releases. They just have a drink or a cigarette, and they feel better. I have to brave it through the whole day on my own.”

“I know there is a force in the world and en energy that you can put out, and when you put out love it comes back to you. I think that's my basic philosophy.”

“I'm very into positive thinking. The minute I feel nervousness or anxiety or fear, I go, 'No, no, that's not a thought that I need to have right now. Everything's great, everything's good, you're going to be fine.”

“You've gotta do things that make you happy.”

“I love the idea of spending the whole day in bed with my lover.”

MWsunin12 likes this.
  2. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

She has a great attitude! I have immense respect for mothers, especially those in this forum that are working through their TMS. As a single guy, I only have to worry about myself. It's rare that I don't have enough time to read/journal as I work through my pain. Many of these women are running the lives of their spouses and children. It's no wonder why TMS inflicts so many mothers and wives! If you look at fibromyalgia statistics, it's so much more common in women.

- Matt

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It's part of a new book I have written, with 125 famous women past and present, quotes about these subjects.
    I think I have a publisher.