1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Back Pain Relief

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by KellyMartinSpeaks, Apr 16, 2014.

1. KellyMartinSpeaks

KellyMartinSpeaks New Member

Hi all,

I visited this site a little while ago and someone recommended the book 'The Great Pain Deception by Steven Ray Ozanich' and I have to say, even though it is a fairly long book reading it has eased my back pain considerably. Finally understanding the correlation between unconscious rage, anxiety, the way that my personality has been operating in life has made me change the way I view my own need for perfection. I have also been able to have more compassion if any residual pain comes up, to know it is rage, and sometimes just remembering it is rage eases the pain.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for sharing. It took me around 3 months to read the book so in 3 months a lot has eased, not fully yet, but I have confidence it will now.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It's wonderful that you've found so much healing in reading Steve's book. It and he are amazing.

Many if not most TMS sufferers are perfectionists and it can be the biggest cause of our pain.
    It's not easy if we've spent our lives trying to be perfect, do the perfect job, be the perfect wife and mother,
    but with most of us, we could reduce that by 50 percent or more and still be better than others.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, KellyMartinSpeak.

I'm wondering how you are coming in TMS healing since reading Steve's book.
    If you feel better, can you share with us what you believe helped?
    Maybe a repressed emotion discovered, or a personality trait modified?

4. KellyMartinSpeaks

KellyMartinSpeaks New Member

Hi Walt, I have little back pain, literally, hardly any at all. For me simply being conscious that the pain was unconscious rage seems to have triggered something, if pain comes now I acknowledge there is rage and I track my thinking prior to the pain, move away from the PC and go and simply sit with my feelings. This helps a lot and I do practise mindfulness daily now. I also do not look into the future, not nearly as much, I stay present as much as I can. Emotionally I am finally beginning to let go of an old 'not good enough' story and embrace being enough as I am.

Hope this helps Walt :) how are you?

Ellen likes this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, KellyMartinSpeak. Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to see you have a good handle on how to treat your rage.

I'm fine. When I feel I'm at the computer too long and frustrated about something, I leave it and do something
    else and feel better. Most of the time, just sitting away from the computer and meditating and deep breathing
    refreshes me.

6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Good going KMS! Thanks for the feedback, SteveO's book is a great TMS tome and a handbook for the journey. You read it in three months, you must be a speed reader, it took me two years! The benefits will be enduring and may take a while to fully settle into your unconscious, but it took most of us a lifetime to develop the though patterns that created our TMS pain.

Cheers,
    tt