1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Big roadblock

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by abezz, Jun 26, 2021.

1. abezz

abezz Peer Supporter

I am forever indebted to Dr Sarno for helping me through terrible back pain and loss of leg function. I have also applied the technique a few times throughout the years on other things to exceptional success.
    The thing i am struggling with now is my right knee. I had it scoped for a meniscus tear due to a basketball injury 5-6 years ago and all was well. About two years ago whenever i would clean my cats litter box i would sit on my knees and standing up it would ache. One day it swelled up and was hard to walk and took about two weeks for the swelling to go down. When the swelling went down i had lost range of motion. I was no longer able to sit on my knees (aka reach deep flexion) i had an mri last year and was told the menisus was torn horizontally this time. I had my knee scoped again on april 19 2021. During the surgery she said “i dont know who read your mri, but you have no tears. Im going to clean up some scar tissue and fat particles. Hope it helps.” And it has now been over 2 months post op, and i still cannot reach deep flexion. I was able to One time during physio after it had been stretched and a hot pack applied to it. The past few days it has been really hurting and feels like its unstable/locking. My main issue now is im not sure if this is physical or emotional. And if it is emotional. Im unsure about what to do or how to convince myself it is emotional. The loss of range of motion for two years now just feels like it will be impossible to get back. And furthermore makes it feel so much more physical.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Well, you've got a tough case. It does have an appearance of a physical damage. I can't really make a judgment one way or another, but I had a loss of mobility in my knees and ankles for maybe a year, then followed by a full-blown swelling, neuropathic pain and a much bigger loss of mobility in my wrists. It all ended up being TMS. I regained my range of motion in all my limbs after 2 years. So it was possible in my case. I would give it a try and hope for the best.

3. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

PT + TMS work sounds like a good combo

4. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

TMS symptoms will appear anywhere you will believe they can be. You had a tear in your knee, so your brain goes to that as a believable symptom as you've had pain there, and work done on it.

If you've done everything physical that has been recommended and it hasn't relieved the pain and other symptoms I think approaching it from a TMS perspective should give you relief. You've done it before!