1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Can anxiety zap your energy in your hobbies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Jan 20, 2022.

Tags:
  1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

Example, I'm a content creator, but my mind is burned out when I sometimes go live. Does this happen to you guys? I want to keep energy up, but im so tired.

I do want to be a full time content creator so I try to keep energy up.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  2. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

Oh yeah. Anxiety can do a number on you in 50 different ways: fatigue, inability to think clearly, inability to focus or enjoy things, heart palpitations, sweating, disturbing or repetitive thoughts, insomnia, irritability, sensitivity to noise, and of course just good old pain. Probably many other things. The stuff that people suggested on your other posting should all be helpful: meditation, mindfulness, watching movies or videos that are funny or you like, anything that can take you out of your own mind and you are focused on and/or enjoy, or requires physical effort. For me, serious exercise where I am working hard helps.

3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

It happened to me more than once that I would be exhausted after a sleepless night followed by a very difficult day at work, but an hour-long meditation brings my energy back and sleepiness disappears even though I did not sleep during meditation. At first, I was surprised, the more I do it, the less I am surprised, because meditation is an incredibly powerful brain cleansing tool.