1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Can flu like symptoms be TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Davideus85, May 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Davideus85

Davideus85 Peer Supporter

I’ve been battling severe depression and anxiety for quite a while and today I’ve made some progress in significantly reducing the symptoms, but afterwards I was hit with some strong flu like symptoms: Achy joints, fatigue and weakness, and chills. I’ve been worried maybe I’ve gotten sick, than I try to remind myself this is almost definitely the symptom imperative, but the symptoms are so convincing. I keep going back and forth in my mind as to what it is. Has anyone experienced TMS in this form?

2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

I think I had this for an evening. Just get some more rest for a bit. Have you gotten your COVID vaccine yet?

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I had fibromyalgia for 20 years, and the symptoms feel very much like having the flu as you describe. Fibromyalgia is TMS and I have fully recovered from it.

hecate105 likes this.
  4. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

I think I had this for an evening. Just get some more rest for a bit. Your body wants you to stop worrying and take better care of yourself. Have you gotten your COVID vaccine yet?