1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Chronic Post Nasal Drip, Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by E_Hallucinations, Mar 21, 2021.

1. E_Hallucinations

E_Hallucinations Newcomer

Hello, I am a 17 year old guy who has been experiencing some very random unexplained things with my body within the past year. First started this post nasal drip that came out of nowhere a few days after I got sick, then a few weeks later started this random tingling sensation in certain parts of my body.

The MindBody work I have been doing so far has allowed me to dramatically reduce and nearly cure the tingling. However, this post nasal drip has had me very frustrated. I’m wondering if it’s even TMS but this is why I want to ask: Is there anyone who has cured or know someone who has cured chronic post nasal drip through MindBody work? Any replies would be much appreciated. Thank you!

2. XenFlow

XenFlow Newcomer

I am new to the forum and browsing to get oriented. Your message resonated with me, I've had similar issues. I would continue the MindBody work, and congrats on your success with the tingling, good work. There have been publications supporting MindBody stating "visualizing yourself as being well can help your sinus sickness" (https://www.amazon.com/Yourself-Sinus-Allergy-Problems-Permanently/dp/057800156X). I'm not pushing the book, just a reinforcing point (I have not read it).

For myself and many others, my post nasal drip (PND) was generally worse in the AM, and a bit seasonal but always persisted.. generally at the worst times. Even after clearing my throat seemed to stick around often impacting my voice. I was skeptical about MindBody for post nasal drip, but stress for example can be a trigger. When I'm nervous about something, definitely can be a trigger which as a result of the PND can make my voice crack. At times, constantly swallowing and clearing my throat like a nagging annoyance. Even when I was feeling completely relaxed it would also happen, but those triggers reinforced MindBody.

What has helped me is persistent MindBody work in conjunction with typical things like staying hydrated (warm water with lemon works great), keep the humidity right, mix a little salt with warm water and gargle, get enough exercise. With exercise weights are always good, in respect to respiratory related wellness cardio really helps "get the juices flowing", and sleep as a bonus. Big improvements for me overall, and when it happens here and there I don't obsess over it as much. If you've been cleared by a doc already as being healthy, definitely keep up the good work and bundle it with some typical remedies. You say your 17, its not surprising about the random unexplained things in your body. It could vanish as quickly as it occurred.

3. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Post nasal drip has been with me since my childhood. Doing much better past few years. it has to do with lymphatic drainage.

Heres what has worked for me:
    1. Sleep on 2 pillows under your head. Gravity helps with drainage during sleep.

2. Avoid most dairy. I avoid milk and yogurt. The large proteins are hard to digest and create a lot of mucus. That slows down lymphatic drainage.

3. Drinking warm fluids followed by lymphatic massage can really help for those heavy PND days.

3. Deep breathing exercises and regular walking with arms swinging can also help keep the lymphatic system moving.

4. Dr. John Doiullard is an Ayurvedic medicine doctor who worked with Dr. Chopra and recommends certain diet and supplements plus therapies to get lymph moving.

of course, stress and tension can play a part as well.

Hope this helps.

TrustIt and TG957 like this.