1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Confused about osteoarthritis?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by NicoleB34, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NicoleB34

NicoleB34 Well known member

Ok, so this post is more for my mother. She had severe OA in her knee, and knee surgery ALMOST cured it, but she still has residual pain (i blame this on established neural pathways and TMS). She also has terrible OA in her feet, and as a result, has lots of pain and swelling after walking exercise. This is a problem for her, because she's overweight and older, so walking is her exercise of choice. She really likes it, and lost 40 pounds recently!
    however, at the end of her walks, the tops of her feet throb badly. I told her to keep at it, and that much of her chronic pain (she has a LOT, and i clearly take after her!) could be TMS and conditioned responses.

So OA really confuses me. Yes i have read that there have been xrays of people who have extensive joint wear, but no pain. However, OA must be real to a degree, because animals get it in old age very often! Is there any research on whether animals, dogs for example, who get painful joints in old age very commonly, can get TMS?
    My dog has always been nervous and bored when i'm not home, so she incessantly chews herself and gets bad skin issues. I think part of that is genetic (the skin allergies) and some of it is brought on. There's no question though, that dogs get painful OA all the time, and can you really blame that on TMS?

My mom is getting really bummed at how her feet are impeding her progress on her walks. She's really not interested in going to the gym and exercise bike unless she has to. She'd rather walk outdoors.

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Do a search here on arthritis and you will find MUCH on the topic, and I know I've written a lot about it so you can input my name in the search too. "Arthritis" is just a catch-all term that a more then a hundred different joint conditions are lumped into because "medicine" does not know what causes it, how to treat it or how to cure it. You might as well go to late night TV and spend thousands on buying every new gimmick, salve and contraption that appears nightly. Sure sounds like from your description the chronic pain part could have TMS components. I've been playing competitive tennis everyday for fifteen years or more, drive thousands of miles to get to tournaments and run in the pool for aerobic conditioning plus maintain a successful business. So, do a search and then if you have any questions I'd be happy to try to answer them--"Is it TMS?" is just too general and only a TMS physician is "qualified" by the "legal" system to answer that. How 'bout walking in the pool in the meantime? And can animals get TMS--in my opinion sure--they're human aren't they?!

3. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

As long as people believe that their osteo-arthritis causes their pain they cannot heal. The same is true for herniated discs, crooked spines, weak cores, or old injuries, etc., it's all the same in the end. As Dr. Sarno rightfully said on many occasions, "there is no such thing as chronic pain from an old injury."

The images show all these normal changes like OA, herniations, crookedness, plantar fasciitis, etc., and the people heal anyway. So it cannot be coming from these things. The physicians are the ones causing most of the suffering by telling people their pain is coming from these normal body changes. They plant the meme of suffering by falsely associating what's seen on the images with the sensation of pain; the sufferer then believes the physician and voila, lifelong suffering. It then gets more deeply fortified when the sufferer wants to believe they have a real physical problem, which is the essence of "why" TMS exists, and why Dr. Sarno should have won the Novel Prize in Medicine.

I've literally seen thousands of people heal who were told they they could not heal. The ones who heal are the ones who reject the body changes as seen on the images. But of course there are always odd anomalies so it helps to see the top docs who practice TMS. Thus lies the controversial conundrum, everyone feels they may be the exception, when they aren't. The factor causing the most suffering, because it generates the most confusion is the placebo. Right behind placebo is the Ego and the Symptom Imperative: the EPS denouement.

TTom, I was watching the tennis matches the other night wondering if you were rooting for anyone in particular. I'm rooting for the ones who grunt the loudest.

SteveO

4. Tennis Tom

Hi SteveO,

I root for the OHB'ers (the players with one handed back hands) I feel they are better using both hemispheres of their brains. Fed, Thiem, Wavrinka, Gasquet, Sharapovalova (the Canadian kid who's name I can't pronounce)--also any of the cute girls, and glad Maria Sharpova is back, and think she got a raw deal for taking a med that was legal for ten years. Azarenka vs Sharapova would make a good grunting match--(it's a learned behavior).

SteveO, here's a link to an obit of Louise Hay from the NY Times, I'd be interested to know what you think about the spin the writer gave it? :

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/obituaries/louise-hay-dead-widely-read-self-help-author.html?_r=0 (Louise Hay, Widely Read Self-Help Author, Dies at 90)

5. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

TTom, from now on I will pay more attention to the one handed backhanders. Interesting, thanks for the insight. I’ve been accused many times of being a two-brainer. And at other times of only having half a brain. The truth is always in the middle of course. My personal opinion is that I have one brain, but I have never really looked.

Thanks for the link to the Hay article. I had been thinking about her often recently, after talking to her folks about selling GPD to Hay House. She was an amazing woman who went from hell to victory, darkness into light. Her relationship with Wayne Dyer was tight, I didn’t think she would last long after he passed in 2015, but then again she was 90.

Anytime people see effects they can't understood they call it “meta-physical.” When I sent my GPD manuscript to Norton Hadler he wouldn't endorse it because he said it was "too meta-physical." There are no such things as miracles, only things that people can't yet understand. This would include the Spontaneous Remission Project as well, where thousands have healed from "incurable" diseases. What can’t be understood by small minds is mocked, just like with the great doctor's work. Our thoughts continuously create our current reality, by design, as Louise came to understand. Chopra used to tell Dyer that “thinking about quantum physics is weird, it’s even weirder than we can even think.” Very true. However it’s the basis of our reality, which includes healing of course. What we think and observe and believe is our reality as energy becomes matter.

It was interesting to see that she sold over 50 million books, wow. The article said her critics thought her mantras were too simplistic, but as with the great doctor the critics are the lost ones. They belittle the same things, and they say the same things to me about how I’m blaming the victims for their own problems. But I tell them the so called "victims" are indeed causing their own problems. Until we all can accept our own responsibility we can never be free. As long as we blame other people, or our body, like in OA and in this thread, we are slaves to our beliefs. If we believe OA causes pain then it does and we are imprisoned by ourselves. Rumi wrote, "why do you sit in prison when the door is wide open?" The answer is complex but it has to do with ego. So the most important aspect of Louise's healing regime was forgiveness. When I work with people I emphasize forgiveness. Self forgiveness is an act of self love, and love is the opposite of fear.

What we think is what we create. Everyone who can see it heals. Those who can’t see mock those who can see, as the blind lead the blind into further darkness. It appears to be a matter of spiritual evolution, or a deep desire to seek truth. But for certain, science is the problem in healing and in understanding. Science does not give us truth it only reveals it since truth already is. Louise certainly changed the world, may she rest in peace, I was hoping to meet her soon, but as always, c’est la vie.

SteveO

newarrior, Lainey and MWsunin12 like this.
  6. Tennis Tom

Dear SteveO,
    Thanks for your thoughtful reply! After I posted I thought maybe I should have made a separate thread for it, so as not to "derail the thread", but I think your reply and Louise Hays works are the reply to the thread, since if the arthritis symptom is TMS, then TMS is the answer.

This is what I thought of the spin by the writer of the NY Times obit :

Weird spin by the NYT writer on the death of a lovely human. If you read between the lines it's quite insulting. But, I did learn a lot of facts about her I never knew, so it wasn't for naught. The obit has the same questioning, quizzical, disbelieving attitude about her philosophy of mindbody healing, as is given to Dr. Sarno.

7. NicoleB34

NicoleB34 Well known member

i figure bone on bone arthritis isnt really a chronic injury, but rather a "process". Like i said, you will see old dogs limping with bad joints, clearly in pain. I wouldnt be surprised if there is a bit of "both" going on. Any time you have pain, you eventually get more and more sensitized, then your brain dramatizes it. I am going to print out all of Alan Gordon's program and give it to her. Hopefully it helps.

8. newarrior

newarrior Peer Supporter

I am afraid my hand OA is real and my life in ruined

9. newarrior

newarrior Peer Supporter

St
    SteveO Good stuff, "What we think is what we create. Everyone who can see it heals." I have been on a Joe Dispenza jag as well as finally discovering Wayne..Loved Louise

10. catfish baby

catfish baby New Member

Steve, I have one question please , I have Modic 1 changes in L4 (erosive osteochondrosis with oedema) with end plate involvment (roughened end plate cover plate ) and and L5 root irriation. But my life history matches TMS completely with history of generalised anxiety disorder, hayfever, pterygoid hamulus bursitis, rashes, abusive childhood etc. Could this be TMS? Many thanks.

11. catfish baby

catfish baby New Member

is this TMS? can I ignore it and run?

12. newarrior

newarrior Peer Supporter

My god one of the best posts I've ever seen in my life ! Thank you Steve--I am saving this ! Thank you !