1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

CTS(Carpal tunnel syndrome), CRPS, dystonia, Raynaud's - full recovery

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by TG957, Dec 29, 2019.

1. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

My fellow TMS-ers,

I have successfully recovered from a chronic pain condition accompanied by a score of other syndromes and diagnoses, including Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS), dystonia, Raynaud's - you name it. Add fibromyalgia-like symptoms that I didn't even bother to get a formal diagnosis for.

If you have any of the above diagnoses, I described my experiences in a book which I published on Amazon Kindle. I priced it as low as Amazon allowed me - at 99 cents. [2022 update: currently $2.99]I hope it is not too much of a hardship for people to pay. I have posted quite a bit here on my recovery, but the most concise and in-depth review of my path that may answer a lot of your questions is here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0834Q46SM/

Number of people from this forum and from the TMS Wiki are mentioned in the book and I am forever grateful to all of you who helped me along the way.

I hope it would help people and set them on the path of recovery!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2022
    Forest, grapefruit, Jeather and 6 others like this.
  2. Hayley

Hayley Peer Supporter

Hi TG957,

I am about halfway through your book and it’s very good, I’ll leave a review online when I’ve finished it.

I’m sure many people will benefit from reading your story, it’s so good to read something written by a “normal” member of the public on how you’ve gone down the many paths of searching for relief and ultimately SUCCESS! (I haven’t got to that bit yet, but it’s great to know that it’s there! :)).

Thank you so much for writing it and wishing you every success,
    Hayley x

nowa, TG957 and plum like this.
  3. TG957

Hi, Hayley,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It is very rewarding to know that my 2 years of effort did not go to waste and that somebody can recover sooner because of my experience.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

nowa and plum like this.
  4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

@TG957

My beautiful friend,

As I sit here writing this fireworks are already sprinkling the sky with their light and aroma (I love the smell of gunpowder), and the atmosphere of celebration hangs heavy in air.

For many years now I have watched the New Year roll in at a remove, a sharp contrast to my younger years spent in the throng and madness of it all. I had come to feel sad as the year passed, feeling that I would never be a part of the world again. It’s amazing how deep the hole of despair can feel, how utterly beyond hope we can sink and become stuck.

Yet this year is one of more joyous reflection. I’ve seen this forum transform again as our collective knowledge deepens and grows. More and more people are healing and the message is spreading exponentially. This is beautiful. This is the blossoming behind the intention of @Forest all those years ago when he created this place.

I’ve seen so many changes, so many healings. To be a small part of these is a blessing and as you say yourself, it renders the suffering worth the pain, the struggle and ultimately the victory. We get to pass our fortune forward.

I spent this morning reading your book again. I shared passages with my husband. We talked and dreamed and imagined. This I believe you will understand but for the longest time I have felt like some kind of TMS bodhisattva (in a metaphorical sense, I don’t wish to imply anything grandiose) because I knew if I healed completely I would leave here and post no more, as so many have done (and must do. This is right and healthy). But I came to see this as well-intentioned perfectionism, a form of super-nursing, or sin eating. How adorably bizarre we humans can be.

But I remember the day you first wrote here. I recall our connection and our shared sense of rebellion, our passion for finding our way of healing.

And today, in reading your words, you gifted me with a quiet redemption and release, and for this I am beyond grateful. This is the truest gift of healing, the sweetest exchange, the most beautiful and powerful form of love...we can give someone back to themselves. Whole, complete, authentic.

This is your gift to the forum. What a gorgeous legacy. I pray every soul who needs it finds your words and dares to go again, to trust themselves anew.

With much love and gratitude,

Plum ❤️ xxx

5. TG957

Dearest @plum,

I am so grateful and deeply humbled by your words about my book - what you found in it seems to go so far beyond what I initially envisioned when I started writing.

But even more so I am in awe of what you wrote about us, the community of people who came here driven by pain and misery, yet found much more than a simple relief from pain - a healing! Leaving pain behind dwells in the physical body, but healing dwells in the body and soul. I am happy that on the eve of the new year you found a healing in my words. I am so glad I could give you something in return for all the help and healing you gave me on this forum. Time to give back!

As always, your words and thoughts go deeper than the posts you respond to. This forum would have been a darker place without your wisdom and kindness!

But I dare to disagree with you on leaving this forum behind and never posting again being a sign of true healing. As the time goes by, I feel a stronger urge to come back and give hope and advice to those who are still struggling. As I move on with my life, I feel the calling to come back and respond to the posts that have not recieved a response for a day or two. I remember how desperately I myself waited for somebody to give me a word of encouragement, a glimpse of hope. It is, as you said, a joy of giving someone back to them, and this is what you have been doing here for those who have not found their healing yet.

I wish you and your husband, and all the people on this forum the happiest New Year, the ultimate healing, the return to themselves, the rediscovering of that ultimate bliss of body and soul we used to feel as babies!

With love,
    @TG957

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Jeather and nowa like this.
  6. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

Hi TG957,
    I finished reading your book, and it is one of the best books about healing I have read and all for the price of a chocolate bar! It is so well written and so riveting that when I was reading the part about your symptoms getting worse, I had to remind myself that the story was real. It is also not too long, which makes it all the better. One of the popular books out there has, in my opinion, 'too many words' (as in too many notes from the movie Amadeus). Since it's not too long, I know I will read your book again when I need inspiration.

I started on the TMS path a year before you and like you, I am in my early 60's. My belief in my symptoms all being tms wavered greatly for long periods for the first few years though. My symptoms are different from yours, but I draw great inspiration from your journey because your symptoms were really bad, as mine used to be, and you are my age but still got better. It's not another book from somebody who healed while in their 20's, 30's, 40's when the body heals faster. It didn't happen overnight, but you got better. I am about 92-98% better, depending on the day, and since your healing tools and age are similar to mine, your book is a boost to me. I will remember to call my periods of no improvement 'plateaus'. A much more inspirational word than what I have used.

Thanks for writing the book. I hope we can move this thread up in the forum and get more people buying it.
    Hugs to you.

Okcowgirl, nowa and TG957 like this.
  7. TG957

Dear Eileen,
    I am so touched by your post! It gives me inspiration to continue with getting the word out to those without hope. I almost gave up on the wall of opposition by the CRPS community, which succumbed to Big Pharma and neurosurgery business, but you and others here on the forum gave me an inspiration and energy to try again to break through that wall.
    I wish you the absolute, bullet-proof, 100% recovery, but also I wish you to fully realize this new, much greater faith in yourself and the power of your will and mind that comes with the victory over your symptoms! We shall overcome!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

TG

EileenS and nowa like this.
  8. Guero Triste

Guero Triste Peer Supporter

TG - Enjoyed your book.

I have many of the same symptoms. My hands are clumsy. Pain in shoulders and fronts of legs. Diagnosed CTS. So this was an encouraging read.

Now I need to get better.

TG957 likes this.
  9. TG957

Best of luck to you and feel free to ask questions!

10. Mark1122

Mark1122 Well known member

Hi @TG957,

I didn't know you had a book. Came across it now on the forum. I would really like to read it. Since i still cant figure out how to get better. But i live in the Netherlands, any idea if i can get it?

11. TG957

Hi, Mark, yes, Kindle is a miracle. You can install free Kindle app on your PC and read it. The book is available on your Amazon site, I would be happy to get your feedback. It is only 162 pages, so it is a quick read.

https://www.amazon.nl/Defying-Verdict-Defeated-Chronic-English-ebook/dp/B0834Q46SM