1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Hen, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Hen

Hen Peer Supporter

Happy New Year! I'll admit I was bummed that I am starting a new year with pain but I'm not giving up. Responding to a question in today's SEP about "have you told anyone about TMS and what were their reactions".

I've told my husband and he supports this idea 100%!
    I told my chiro (not seeing her anymore) and she had heard of it. She wasn't dismissive either.
    I told my GP and he hadn't heard of it but thought it made sense.
    I told my psychotherapist and she hadn't heard of it either but has been researching it and thinks it makes sense as well.

I haven't told many others. Maybe a couple of friends. I feel like they listen but don't really get it. TMS pain has caused me to isolate a bit and to draw back from friends because they don't understand and how could they? That's another bummer about TMS it can cause rifts in relationships or maybe its a good thing because it's exposing needed issues?

breakfree and Sienna like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Hen. I have learned from bitter experience not to discuss politics or religion with friends, and the few times I have mentioned TMS the friend just nodded but made no effort to learn more or to believe in it. I go that road pretty much alone. If your psychotherapist said she never heard of TMS she is not worth her leather couch. All that really matters is, you believe in TMS, 100 percent.

Happy and healthy new year.

Sienna likes this.