1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 29 No Pain!!!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DebraW, Mar 5, 2015.

1. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

Hi everyone! I'm so happy, I'm actually noticing a change. I went for entire day without pain! I've had excruciating back, rib, knee and shoulder pain for a year and three months. Every single day. At day 17 I was ready to give up. But with the encouragement of lots of people on this website, I decided to keep going.
    I've been reading Dr. Sarno's books, and I just got The Great Pain Deception by Steve Ozanich.
    I love this book! His story is so fascinating and very inspiring. I was reading it on the weekend and I couldn't put it down. I got about a quarter of the way through , and suddenly my pain was gone. It came back in full force the next day, but I proved to my brain that I could actually have an influence on it. And I really learned that it really takes varying lengths of time to be cured. I'm more relaxed now and I've forgotten about having any kind of timeline for recovery. I just know that it will happen at some point. I'm just continuing to live through my pain and it's helping.
    The book is really fun to read. It has lots of humour in it, great and thorough information about TMS and Steve is an amazing guy.
    So if anyone is "stalled" in their recovery, or having doubts about their progress, get this book, it will really help you .
    Hugs
    Debra

wendyd, Barb M., shirleypm and 3 others like this.
  2. Peggy

Peggy Well known member

Congratulations, you sound more relaxed and chill about the whole thing. Yes, Steve's book is amazing. Very inspirational, of course, so is your story.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Debra. It's so great to read your post and see how you are healing.
    Steve really is wonderful and his book so inspirational.
    Never give up is the way to go.
    My tennis hero Arthur Ashe said, "Never give up, no matter what the score is."

4. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

Thanks Walt and Peggy. You are both the reason I am hanging in there and not giving up. I haven't had a pill for two days which is also a huge accomplishment for me. I usually have at six four or more a day.
    Hugs
    Debra

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

You are getting results, and you are right, this is a huge key, whether you feel great the next day or not. I am so happy for you.

6. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

Thanks Andy
    I've since had only another few hours of pain relief, and it is now back strong again, but even to have any kind of relief is very positive.

7. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

For me all it took was an exception or two and mind began to grasp this new reality! I was scheduled for nerve surgery, and in a couple of months I was fine again, without the damaging surgery. You've got the right outlook!
    Andy B.

8. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

I'm really happy that you're better Andy. I still have a long way to go, and I know I need to be patient but I'll get there.

9. shirleypm

shirleypm New Member

Great news.

10. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

Thanks Shirley. It's a small step but a great one. Thanks for your support. Hope you are doing well
    Hugs

11. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Rather belatedly I would like to express my congrats to you, DebraW, for staying with it, definitely the harder option but the one with the most rewards!

12. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Even small healing progress means TMS pain is going away.

I want to post an article I read today and share its inspiration. I will work on it now
    and put it in the General Discussion Subforum.

13. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

Thanks, I am NOT giving up no matter how long it takes!