1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 SEP and activities with TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Nana, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Nana

Nana Peer Supporter

I am in day 3 of SEP program and I am being advised to ponder on the following:

“When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?”

My main symptoms bloating and constipation, making me feel heavy, distended, tired and unmotivated, but regardless of this I started running once again 3-4 weeks ago. I am discouraged because it does nothing for the bloating. I use to also like to go to a coffee shop and work on my crochet but now I have a hard time going there bc I find myself constantly comparing myself to before when I had no gastro issues. I use to swim as well but I am not comfortable with doing that as I feel very distended and uncomfortable. I would also like going for long walks but now I am afraid to do that because I will be alone with my constant thoughts on the constant bloating I suffer from. I feel like I am different from others bc my discomfort is 100% of the time present, very diffiicult to concentrate on anything else.

Balsa11 likes this.
  2. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

I feel with you, I can tell from both your posts that there is a lot of suffering. You deserve better

This is the core of the TMS purpose. To keep you preoccupied on something else. You are not different, this is 100% human and your body´s way of protecting you from feeling something it thinks is dangerous.

Keep up the work in the program and you will improve.

I also recommend the following page (especially listening to the audio clips):

https://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program (TMS Recovery Program)

jennyc19 likes this.
  3. Nana

Nana Peer Supporter

Hi Hedger! Thank you for your support it is very much appreciated. I read somewhere that you did the audio 100 . I am at my 32 day , hopefully it helps a bit but I do not want to be put all my eggs in o e basket. So hopefully this Tms work pays off. It would be amazing to hear more ibs success stories.

4. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Gentle and consistent movement does help. I get bloated in the morning when I wake up but it goes away only when I'm eating. It gets worse when my abdominal muscles clench up.

5. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

I don't even know what "audio 100" means, so I guess you have mistaken me for someone else on the forum.

6. Nana

Nana Peer Supporter

Yes I have soooooo sorry!

7. Nana

Nana Peer Supporter

Thankyou for all the advice. I hope one day all this will disappear . Why is it uncommmon to find people recovering from tms on this sight? I get soooo encouraged with positive stories.