1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4--Icing on the Cake/Distressing Messages

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Liz Ocean, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Liz Ocean

Liz Ocean Newcomer

I think the most distressing messages I've gotten from doctors, etc., about this is that is WAS all in my head, but in a dismissive sense like 1) just change/stop and 2) there's nothing anyone can help you with/you sort of suck. It was and is in my mind and body and history (trauma) and culture and I needed better help, which I fought hard to find and find again and which I now offer in my work. I think the TMS program, for me, is like icing on that cake.

I had too much trauma for this program to work for me without the deeper "cake" of trauma healing. Now, I get to ice that cake, focusing on physical pain and pleasure, with this program and you all.

This back pain flare up wasn't a message of "you're still totally screwed by your trauma". It was a message of there's more--icing!--let's grow our capacity to enjoy it. <3