1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Depression and Anxiety ( Mental Treatment symptoms causes signs spiritual without drugs clinical)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by balto, May 12, 2017.

1. balto

balto Beloved Grand Eagle

I love this talk.

Boston Redsox and AC45 like this.
  2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

its a great talk ....but that all it is ...a talk some of our minds will embrace it with open arms and most of us will say BULLSHIT...for me I have been open to all this for many years with my pain and at times it helps like a placebo...then my brain says ok enough of this BS here comes pain again...I guess I am still not at the point of total belief or I was at total belief and am loosing it due to lack of pain relief for the last 7 years .

I need to break my pain cycle and though these talks are calming and soothing....they are just talks my TMS needs a kick in the ass ...and I am running out of feet to which I can kick...I have been around this merry go round for 7 years and I still can not see the brass ring in front of me.

3. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Hi @balto,

I am really enjoying this talk.

Thank you,
    AC45

4. balto

balto Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Boston,
    a few years ago, over at tmshelp.com forum, there is one lady posted lots of post asking for help. She tell everyone her life story, her difficulty, her challenges... then asking for help. Everyone was so nice and offer her their sympathy. Lots of "I feel your pain", "sorry to hear...", "hanging in there".... lots and lots of sympathy. I couldn't resist and post and telling her to quit asking for sympathy. Quit being a victim and fight. Sympathetic talk from all these people sound wonderful and nice but it won't cure you. It only keeping you in this victim mentality state.... Long story short, she got upset at me and saying I was rude and cold heart and this and that, then she disappear from the forum. I felt bad but life go on. About a year later she send me a private message thanking me for pushing her to fight. She made another forum post reporting wonderful progress in her life and her health, and thanks me again. I would like to be frank with you. What I say here you may not like to hear but I say it with my heart, I truly want to see you get well.

You got to fight man. Don't be a victim. You have been here long enough and you probably heard and read everything there is to know about how to heal from tms. Now just apply what you have learn from Sarno, Weekes, Steve O,.... It would be any good for you if you learn but don't apply what you learn. Quit complaining about how sucks your life is. You won't ever be cure if you keep allowing your ex wife to control your emotion. You won't cure if you keep feeling sorry for yourself. You won't cure if you keep focusing on the negative of life. You have to fight and move on man. Don't stay in the past. Your ex is gone, done, finish... all the hatred you have for her won't do any good for your health and peace of mind. Life is full of challenge and shit. Adversity happen to all of us all the time. We all have to count our blessing and move on. We only get sick when we decide to stay in the past. All the sympathy you received won't do shit for your healing. All the reading and learning from all these tms teacher won't do shit for you if you don't apply what you learn. Only you can save you. All other can only give you some direction. You have to do the hard work. You have to stop being bitter and angry. You have to learn to let go of the past and embrace the future. You are more lucky than 80% of the people in this world. Imagine you are living in Afganistan, North Korea or Pakistan right now. How about those slumps in India, Brazil, Somalia? Count your blessing man. How about the inner city of Baltimore where I live right now? You are a very very lucky man Boston. Count your blessing and be positive man. Quit complaining, quit thinking negative, go on and enjoy live despite your bad health. It will get better when you no longer care think about it.
    I agreed its a great talk... and it is much more than "but that all it is..."
    Everything bad happen to us are external and have no effect what so ever. It is how we respond to it is what make us sick or not. Quit thinking about yourself. Quit fearing your symptoms. Quit running around and hide. Quit blaming anyone or anything for what happen to you. Just fully living your life the best you can. Be patient and one day it will click, one day you will be cure. Everyday you come here and tell us 10 wonderful things about your life, Tell us and tell yourself life is interest and full adventures and beauty... and you will be cure.
    Stop being a victim. No one can hurt you but yourself. No one can heal you but you and you alone. Depend on nothing. Depend on no one.

5. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Hi @balto,

I love this talk. I have been thinking about the 998 bricks vs the 2 imperfect bricks all day. My two bricks are anxiety and insomnia. It clouds many things. However, there are 998 bricks that are wonderful.

Thank you,
    AC45

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

That was the best kick in the ass I ever got ....THANK YOU

Lizzy and intense50 like this.
  7. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Love the video. Love Balto's post even more.

STOP feeling TMS is life is happening to you! STOP playing the victim. BECOME a victor. That's the first thing I thing I teach my clients. Go from a victim mindset to a victor mindset.

Either you are in charge of TMS or you alllowTMS to be in charge of you. As long as you let TMS run the show, you will be in pain, anxious, depressed and wallow in self-pity.

It is not easy at first to change the lifelong habit of feeling like a victim (that bad childhood, past failures, not being perfect, and so on), but it is possible to change these bad mental habit of victimhood to good mental habits of those who are victors in 3-4 weeks. So do not give up and wallow in self-pity. Take action and get results. If you do not get the results you want, change your approach and keep taking action until you do. It is that simple.

Boston Redsox and intense50 like this.