1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Difference between pain symptoms and anxiety symptoms?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by victoriab1301, Mar 3, 2022.

1. victoriab1301

victoriab1301 New Member

Hi guys, I’ve been on this TMS journey for a while now but something that’s confused me for a bit is anxiety vs tms. I worry about the pain a lot and fear it too which seems to make it worse. From what I gather pain symptoms stay because we are afraid of them, is that any different from anxiety? Is pain just another symptom of anxiety? I know there is an element of conditioned response as well, but is that simply because I am nervous to do the activity? Sorry there is a lot of questions here, I’m just feeling a bit lost.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Many TMS folks equate the anxiety and the pain both as TMS symptoms. Just like you are not your pain, you are not your anxiety. Finding a way to create space like meditation or breathing exercises can help.