1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Difficulty in 100% Believing that it's TMS

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by nguyeq12, Feb 18, 2014.

1. nguyeq12

nguyeq12 Peer Supporter

Hi Everyone!

I am new to this forum because I've just discovered this new concept of TMS. My pain started 3 years ago due to a horrible experience with "special brownies." It was my first time trying them, and it was the result of my first panic attack, resulting in me getting sent to the hospital.

After that event, I started having panic attacks, and at the time I didn't know what was happening to me. I just always thought there was something medically wrong with me. Then following those events, I kept getting tingling sensation on the left side of my face, which led me to believe that there was something wrong with my brain. I went to get an MRI on my brain and they found nothing. Then the pain and tingling started moving to my legs, then my back. I was in and out of the hospital getting blood tests and exams for the entire year; with negative results and being sent off by doctors telling me that there's nothing wrong. After that ordeal, I just accepted it. Surprisingly, most of the pain subsided. But there was one pain that wouldn't go away. I had this pain in my left buttocks, which I couldn't shake off.

In September of 2013, I went back to the doctors to get my pain checked out. They couldn't find anything wrong...then the pain got worse, so I went to multiple doctors and eventually a chiropractor who advised me to get an MRI on my lower back. The MRI showed I had 3 bulging discs, 2mm each in my lumbar spine. He said that's probably the cause for my pain. Instead of feeling better. I kept thinking the pain was in my hip, so the pain got worse. I went to get a hip MRI, but that came out negative as well. I learned that if it was really a hip problem, I would feel pain in my groin. Well, a week later...the pain in my butt is gone, and I started having this burning pain in my groin and thigh...up till today! It constantly feel like it's swollen, t ight and burning, but when I check..it doesn't look like it's swollen. I can't help but think it has to do with either my lower back or somewhere in my hip. Do you think I have TMS? I need someone to convince me or reassure me. I feel like if I truly, 100% believe that it's TMS, the pain will finally subside. At of this point...I am probably only at 80%

Background:
    Age 24
    Father passed away unexpectedly in 2009
    Graduated in 2012 and started job at a big well known company
    Transition to a higher position on December 2013

Medical Background:
    Brain MRI
    Full Spine X-RAY
    Lumbar MRI
    Hip MRI
    Foot X-RAY
    Nerve Conductivity Test
    Full Blood Work

Findings: 3 Bulging Discs at L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1, 2mm each

Thank you so much for your time. I am determined to get my life back and I thank you for helping me.

2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

If you have TMS, it is there to protect you from experiencing further panic, fear, and its counterpart, anger. The disc bulges mean nothing, everyone has them. Your chiro, like most chiros, are part of the problem by pointing to innocuous changes as the culprit. But they don't know about TMS and so must be excused.

I love the way you laid out this posting, a true perfectionist at heart. Nobody here can tell you that you have TMS, not even a doctor who reads this. But if you have been cleared of anything serious, medically, you can safely begin trying TMS healing. You have many of the hallmarks for TMS.

Hey, 80% is one of the higher confidence intervals that I've seen, you're ahead of the TMS pack.

In the end, it will be you and only you that will make the final determination about accepting TMS. I've seen TMS docs diagnose people with TMS and they still doubted it and continued suffering. Depending on where you live you may be able to visit a TMS doc. If not, and you've been fully worked-up, then go for it. You alone control your healing, no one else can do it for you. Doctors are only facilitators. Your own beliefs will cripple you or heal you, it's a choice from this point on.

Step one, gather the information on TMS, step two, act on it, step three enjoy your life...

Good luck, nguyezqxv12

Steve

Joey2276, Pingman and Ellen like this.