1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 doing better already

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jacfoti, Aug 31, 2014.

1. jacfoti

jacfoti New Member

Hello I am in the day 4 of the program. I was a dr.Sarno patient 8 years ago. I met him because of back pain, sciatica could not walk properly, Sarno gave me back my confidence and told me I was stressed and feeling guilty. He also said I am a "goodist".
    Back from Italy a month ago I started to feel pain in my back and leg. I also experienced "foot drop"
    I totally forgot about Sarno this time.. I dont know why.
    I felt like "this time is seriuos".
    So I restarted a journey a chiro, osteopath and acupuntcure.
    Mri came in and showed the same 2 herniations I had 8 years ago.
    I said "wait" and re-think everything. Docs wanted me to start cortisone shots, and said "you may lose use of your foot!"
    I re-read the book of Sarno and here I am.
    Yesterday I went HIKING for 3 hours!
    I only have a little numbness in my left foot but it's mostly gone.

Once TMS, always TMS.

cheers,

Jacopo

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Jacopo. Wonderful! Your healing success is truly inspiring.

Isn't it crazy that a doctor would suggest shots and say you may lose use of your foot!

Keep up the good TMS belief work!

3. kim marie

kim marie Peer Supporter

Hi thank you for sharing! I have chronic pain! I 've been in constant pain for 11years .I wonted to die no pain medication could save me .I was at a loss .Then I came across healing back pain by Dr Sarno .As I read this book I was on every page and got better .That year was the best year for me in years .I had to do alot of fighting with my mind but I was doing better .The pain came back hard I fill I don't have any fight in me left . I really need help maybe see a Doctor this time .I live in Kalispell Montana .I don't think we have any one here.Please anyone I need help .I am sure its tms again. It's not just pain it has shut down my colon !! This may not be the place for this post

4. Seraphina

Seraphina Peer Supporter

Hi Jacopo
    Thanks for the great story. I'm experiencing symptom imperative, and I recently experienced TMS on my left ankle and elbows (90-100% healed)
    I'm dealing with groin and butt pain (TMS) now, and I tend to have some fear in me time to time since those two areas are new for TMS. Recently, the ankle pain comes back again quite often, and I was afraid if there is any physical issue (even though there is no reason for any injury... silly me).

During my office visit to podiatrist today (for my other ankle's real injury), I just asked him for check up with my TMS ankle (left), too, just to be confirmed nothing's wrong with my ankle. I asked him "could you pls check this one up too since I hear it snaps sometimes?" -- just to make excuses for additional check-up and not to be considered a weirdo...

He said "It's not bad. Well, I do hear some clickings on the cartilage, but nothing significant."

Oh well. My brain caught the nocebo "clicking on the cartilage" out of all the okay diagnosis. I asked him again, with a little fear rising inside me, "so you mean it's okay, right?"

He said, "Yeah, I mean clicking doesn't necessarily mean an issue. Maybe some ankle instability..."

Oh the 2nd nocebo..... Although the doc concluded as "not a big deal," I was only thinking about clicking, cartilage and ankle instability. On my way home, I was afraid of having either real physical issue or TMS on the ankle again because I felt I was feared.

I kept telling my brain nothing has changed except I heard some nocebos, and it'd be just self-proving of TMS if I have pain soon again on the ankle.

Oh yeah I started feeling soreness tingling spreading on the ankle soon. I've been fighting with my inner bully since then, and the pain now comes and goes. I hate that I allowed myself the same mistake again, and I'm angry at my inner bully for doing this again and again. But thankfully I know it's TMS and I'm independent of the outcome.

YES. once TMS, always TMS.
    This sentence just resonated in me.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    jacfoti likes this.
  5. jacfoti

jacfoti New Member

go see a doctor!

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

kim marie likes this.
  7. kim marie

kim marie Peer Supporter

Hi I don't have a doctor here that works with tms .I have been reading books of Dr Sarno and tms books .reading the tms stories they are very helpful .I'm still in a lot of pain .Doing a little better. I'm still in a fight for my life .I've had a very tramadic life not sure where to start .Is there a tms tape I could get to listen to .I think that would help me .I am so thankful for all you do to help others , You are life savers to so many people trapped in terrible chronic pain !!!!!

8. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Kim,

In the preface to The Mindbody Prescription Dr. Sarno wrote, "No one should assume that his or her symptoms are psychologically caused until a physician has ruled out the possibility of serious disease."

You wrote, "It's not just pain it has shut down my colon!!" It sounds like you might need a doctor whether it is a TMS doctor or not. Trust Dr. Sarno when he emphasizes the importance of seeing a physician to rule out the possibility of a serious disease.

Ellen likes this.
  9. kim marie

kim marie Peer Supporter

Its 1/14/20 I was doing good in 1913 1914 after finding Dr Sarno he saved my life I was in so much pain I couldn't walk my feet legs butt neck shoulder upper back killed me .after his book and I'd go on the Saturday call in TMS I was pain free for a year then my brother died in two weeks of finding out he had cancer .my mother was in a nursing home .I was responsible for her and I had take care of all my brothers arrangements .so much going on .Then for some reason I seen a different doctor at the pain center .This doctor changed my medications. Then the next time I seen him he asked me who put me on the different pain medication I said you did . He got mad and said nothing works works for you your going off you won't get sick or hurt .He put me on very low breakthrough pain medication this is 1916
    1/2020 IN I HAD MY COLON removed because scar tissue .the pain doctor said it was removed because of pain medication

10. kim marie

kim marie Peer Supporter

11. kim marie

kim marie Peer Supporter

Thanks I'm working on it .a few days my pain went down then it came back ..I was in terrible pain all over .it scared me.this is the first I've known about being scared or worrying so I was working on this and it help and thought I got it then the pain came back so its really hard when you want it to go away its like life or death .so I have a lot of work to do .are there any tape of doctor Sarno that I can look up .I'm on day 4 of Allen's program

12. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Kim,

If you're looking for tapes of Dr. Sarno, you can google for utube videos. Here are some links below. Also I recommend this audio book through Amazon, a classic wherein Dr. Sarno does the narration of his book. So you hear his voice.

https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Back-Pain/dp/B00005NRA7

Utube series:

Also, you can order the lecture video series created about 20 years ago, starring Dr. Sarno. Very good!

http://www.healingbackpain.com/dvd.html (Dr. Sarno's Healing Back Pain The Mindbody Prescription DVD)

kim marie likes this.
  13. kim marie

kim marie Peer Supporter

14. kim marie

kim marie Peer Supporter

Thank you
    Thank you.

15. kim marie

kim marie Peer Supporter

thank you Andy for the information on the videoswavea