1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Don't miss next week's call-in!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by North Star, Jul 30, 2014.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Ladies (you can listen too, men), you don't want to miss out on the call-in's with Nicole Sachs, LCSW. The call with her last night was fabulous and I trotted right over to Amazon and downloaded her book onto my Kindle. (Dang, just remembered I didn't use the Amazon Smileā€¦be sure to use that so this site can benefit from your purchases.)

Her book is hard to put down. Having her perspective as a psychotherapist, mom and former Dr. Sarno patient makes for some really rich stuff.

A personal tale. She mentioned how when emotions are getting close to the surface, there can be a flare up. How she framed it provided me with an encouraging "AHA!"

So last night, I woke up with excruciating mid calf leg pain. A favorite TMS target for the past 10 years but the intensity of this was breathtaking. Would-someone-please-chop-my-leg-off intense. I tossed and turned and was crying in my dreams because of the pain. The emotional basis to my pain was made quite clear.

I thought about limping to the kitchen to down some ibuprofen but I told myself it was TMS. My leg was fine within about 20 minutes of the self talk.

More than anything, I was encouraged that such a flare up tells me I'm near another break through. I don't relish the dark places rearing their head but I am SO. FREAKIN. READY. to be pain free!

This morning, I have been tearing into her book and I hope you do too! (Be sure to use the Smile link when you do order!)

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, North Star. I, too, love the Nicole Sachs call-ins. How you handled your pain flare-up is great.

Good thing you don't keep ibuprofen and a glass of water near your bed or you might not have
    practiced TMS knowledge to stop the leg pain.

3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Walt, I actually HAVE had ibu by my bedside. Complete with the glass of water and a few cashews as I never take it on an empty stomach. Those days are over though. :)

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

So are we planning to discuss the first two chapters of Nicole's book next week?

6. Forest

Exactly. The official announcement goes up today. If people win the book in our second drawing, it may not get there in time, but I can show them how to read the Amazon version and give them the text that the Amazon version leaves out.*

* The Amazon version has the introduction, chapter 1 and a portion of chapter 2. This brings up the question of does that count as the first 1.5 chapters or the first 2.5 chapters? It certainly reads like it is the first 2.5 chapters. Being a mathematician, I took the average for simplicity :D. For anyone who wins the drawing, I'll provide them with the second half of chapter 2 via personal message. And Nicole is a very prompt shipper.

7. Forest

Also, for anyone who missed it (or if anyone wants to listen to it again), here's the recording from Tuesday's call. You can listen to it using the audio player below, or you can download the recording as an mp3 file by right-clicking on this link, or the link below the audio player, and choosing to save it to your computer.

Click here to download the mp3 audio

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014