1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Double trigger finger? Whirlwind of strange events

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Segastar, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

110318737_276620423631552_1822265732897414720_n.jpg

Last time i'll post here for a while, but somehow both of my middle fingers starting doing this, i had read Healing Back Pain and in a few days have had some strange change of symptoms like my middle fingers on both hands stuck like this. No pain at all, but it hasn't gotten any better despite trying to remind myself it could be TMS acting up cause the original pain in my hands that led me here is a lot less painful now but then this happens.

Got to do a bunch of yard work tomorrow, so im definitely a bit nervous to do it with this going on.

2. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

im just more confused as to how this happened more than the actual implications if i can't get it treated

3. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Lucky for me it's way too hot to do yard work but maybe i'll watch some of Sarno's videos or something cause i believe this finger deformity thing is TMS, its on both sides, almost no pain, and the only thing i can come up with was me going to the gym and over doing it on the weights even though i lowered all the weights i normally push, pull, or lift pretty substantially so i wouldn't overdo it. Driving me nuts that this is all going on, and i need to do the work and try to get a handle on this before i go crazy

4. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Does anybody think this is serious enough to go and get check out or should i just go about my business and try to dig deep and work this out on my own

5. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Anybody?

6. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

I think it's TMS. I think you should treat it as such, unless it changes in someway that makes you feel it should be checked out.

Isn't it interesting that your original pain has lessened? TMS is fascinating. I've been experiencing sciatica since the middle of March connected to the virus, and really missing the two little boys I provided childcare for. Actually I am unaware of missing them, but I dream of being with them while tears pour down my face. Pretty telling. Anyway, a week ago I tripped and fell and scraped and bruised my legs, pretty badly. I wondered if the sciatica would go down some. But I was very surprised to find my legs didn't hurt at all. Bruised and bloody, but apparently my brain thinks the greater danger is the virus and its emotional toll.

Hopefully others will answer your question with more information than I can give!!

7. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

I've been mostly trying to not fear using it but not going too crazy and pushing it. Both fingers affected are pretty much no pain at all, still have feeling in them so I'm not gonna panic too hard.

If it gets worse than maybe I'll have them checked out

8. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

I forgot to mention that both sides being affected points to TMS! That is a good thing, lol.

9. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

That's what im hoping, had to back off slightly from some plans i had, but still trying to just be somewhat normal and try to get this to resolve naturally if possible

10. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Well today it's a bit more painful ☹️
    Gonna read some of Mindbody Prescription and maybe try to start the SEP. I might still call my hand doctor and get his opinion on what I should do cause I'm under a lot of stress right now

11. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

yay now my middle finger on my right hand is going somewhat numb..........i am at a loss

12. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

109916612_320770029056780_2025683452951779444_n.jpg

Just gonna try to relax, watch a movie or something. Get my mind off this, but this is how tight both tendons of my middle fingers are right now, doesn't feel good im gonna get away from the wiki now, stop spamming these threads so much i'm sorry to everybody

13. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Well I've tried a few different things to help it and I did watch some of my favorite movies to relax but the tension in those tendons still is going

I've had this issue in my middle finger tendons now for over a week. Its getting tougher to do things so I need some advice here

14. Idearealist

Idearealist Peer Supporter

I'm definitely not qualified to give specific medical advice, but if my fingers were stuck like that, I would definitely get them checked out.

15. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Yeah.....I've been trying to take the more conservative approach and read more TMS stuff but I might just bite the bullet and get them checked out

Idearealist and Lizzy like this.
  16. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Haven't been able to get a closer appointment with my hand doc. (I have a follow up appointment from when i went in to get my hands checked originally for August 13th). i feel emotionally and mentally drained.

Been mostly using the computer fine, (i don't type with all ten fingers, im a index finger pecker kind of typer) but gripping and doing more strenuous work is still a bit challenging. I have not experienced any more noticeable pain then what i have been dealing with but the fact both of my middle finger tendons on the back of my mind are that prominent and tight and my middle fingers still bend up and back like that is just so baffling to me. All i did was a small session at the gym where i lowered all the weights i normally do and use a small squeeze stress ball and after a day or two of that, both of my middle fingers started doing it. It hasn't shown any sign of getting better either

I also notice i feel like my body is in a constant semi state of.....anxiousness? It's hard to describe. It feels like my heartrate is up but i've used at home testing methods for that (my mom is a home health aide) and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Idearealist likes this.
  17. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Do you feel like flipping someone off in your life, but it isn't socially acceptable, or doesn't fit with your good guy personality? Just a thought, maybe try some journaling around the idea of flipping people off.

18. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

It's possible, somehow the past few days it's not doing as badly, I'm trying to do more activities and other things that I enjoy doing, although I still need to be careful to not overdo it

19. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Been trying to slowly get back into golf and some of my other gaming activities and i noticed something strange.

I think the cause of my middle finger tendon issue might have been partially my own doing as Lizzy said. I have been pretty angry a lot the last few days and flipping off people i shouldn't be and i guess it was my body conditioned to do it a lot. I also tend to do a lot of cupping motions in my hand, so my hands want to naturally go into certain motions. My tendons on those fingers along the back side of my hand are still a bit tight, but not much pain?

I've also been practicing golf swings more and while i notice some discomfort, i have not felt any significant increase in pain and in some ways i think it's helping to somewhat strengthen up my hands so playing games right now isn't too bad either. I still have that follow up appointment next week with hand doc but i think i might cancel it. Been reading more of the success stories and im finding more people with tendonitis/carpal tunnel type issues that found success from the TMS approach. Have i been gaming a bit too much, probably. But it's been a rocky road to now and idk if the first hand doc visit did more harm than good or not, i'll never know.

I'm broke right now, and i don't want to have to put more money towards pointless doctor visits at least concerning my hands. I also have knee issues but that will have to wait.

Gonna read Mindbody Prescription and maybe I'll finally accept this is all in my head.