1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dr. Sarno and Dr. Rashbaum saved my life!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by NJS36, Dec 28, 2019.

1. NJS36

NJS36 Newcomer

I saw both doctors back in 1993. I had drop foot, could barely walk and in horrible pain. Long story short, I read Dr. Sarno's first book, called him and got his associate Dr. Rashbaum. I was told to get an MRI and read the book. Once I did that, I saw Dr. R. He confirmed I had TMS but the mere fact that my pain didn't match up with my nerve endings convinced me. Hard to explain. I saw Dr. Sarno's seminar. Anne Bancroft and Mel Brooks were in the seminar before us and we saw them walk out. I was one of Dr. Rashbaum's first patients and he wrote about me in Dr. Sarno's second book. I am basically pain-free of back pain but, I do continue to have issues such as numbness, tingling, etc. I know that I'm a worrier about everything. I refer back to Healing Back Pain whenever I feel this way. I still keep in touch with Dr. R. A great man and doctor.

2. NJS36

NJS36 Newcomer

I still worry, worry, worry, about everything yet I live a good life. I know to let those worries go and if I feel pain, I have to take some deep breaths, understand it's mental, not physical and move on! I wish you all well! <3

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi NJS36, and Welcome!

Thanks for your success story entry.

I have not noticed many "drop foot" cases in the TMS literature, and I think it is important for others to see this. I added that tag.

I also appreciate that you still struggle some, but that you can reassure yourself, and that really you are OK! I think your explanation of how you deal with symptoms and worries is very helpful, especially from you, a "veteran."

Andy