1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Even Doctors know about TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ariel233, Oct 12, 2020.

1. ariel233

ariel233 New Member

I believe that a lot of time Doctors aware of TMS, but they just try to fix everything with drugs.

I suffered from PHN (post herpetic neuralgia) which is late nerve pain you get after your nerves damaged by shingles and it could last months, years or forever for some people, anyway look what I saw someone said in a PHN facebook group I'm a member of:

She actually said that the doc told her that if she will take Gabapentin (Nerve pain drug with nasty sides) in the early stages of PHN it could PREVENT long term pain by the brain will not learn the pain - exactly the theory behind TMS !

Attached Files:

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  2. sheltered

sheltered Peer Supporter

Well, I'm not sure the doctor in question is following Dr. Sarno but yeah, doctors know. They must see it all the time but consider telling many of your patients their ailment is in their head caused by emotional pain. Pretty thankless that would be! And potentially career limiting. Not to mention the doctor ego defence of why the hell they went to medical school. Easier to give a placebo and move on.

A doctor acquaintance of mine said he left GP to work in the critical care unit because he couldn't deal with upwards of 80% of patients coming in with TMS!

hecate105 likes this.