1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Exercises and muscle inflammation

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Lessmore, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Lessmore

Lessmore New Member

Hello everyone!

I just started my own fight against TMS. Its my low back. I am conditional coach myself and i am trying to assure myself thats not mechanical but mental pain...but its hard,really hard. I could see myself on every Dr. Sarno's book page but its still hard on my own. I am from Croatia, small country in Europe. Here's everything about 'mechanics'. People are not aware of problems such as mine and its impossible to find a therapists for something like that. Biggest problem ist pain. Almost every second of last 9 years. Its even more harder because my job is all about sports. I tried not to think about it,i read a lot last few weeks,i am trying to belive,to be aware of whats happening, i tried to ignore pain and do some activities (which made me suffer in past)...and i succeeded ,almost with a smile on my face! But today,one day after it,its the same again. I dont know anymore if thats muscle inflammation so painful,if those are my symptoms again. Its the fear again. Please someone.

2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Lessmore,

I just saw this post- sorry no one has responded until now! I'm a physical therapist in the US and can relate to some initial skepticism. I've been at this TMS thing for over 2 years now and am happy to chat and help you through things. I also had low back pain TMS that went away after my TMS healing and has not returned. I agree, TMS is not anywhere near mainstream here, and i'm sure its far from that in smaller countries as well! Feel free to message me if you'd like.

Balsa11 likes this.
  3. Lessmore

Lessmore New Member

Thank You for replying my message! Glad i am writing with a physical therapist because its really hard to eliminate all those structural things.
    I just posted a new question! I am copying it here,hope You know something about that! Thanks anyway!!!

MindBodyPT likes this.
  4. Lessmore

Lessmore New Member

Hey everybody!

Just want to eliminate all those structural things...
    In 9 yrs of pain i developed on my left low back side much stronger muscles then on my healthy right side. Its visible and obvious. Feels like a muscle spasm and its painful. When i am bending forward it hurts and at the same time rotates me to one side. Is it possible that TMS produces that spasm? Or have i developed that spasm in years because i was always avoiding pain and rotated a little bit every time i needed to bend? Little bit confused ...
    Have anybody had symptoms like that?
    Thank You!

Balsa11 likes this.
  5. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

It sounds like this area of chronic muscle spasm is just part of all the TMS you have. All of this type of chronic pain is TMS, especially chronic trigger points and muscle spasms. I would avoid overanalyzing the specifics of different pains you have, as tempting as it is!

Balsa11 likes this.