1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Failed laminectomy/micro discectomy

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by cammb33, Oct 17, 2021.

1. cammb33

cammb33 New Member

Had back surgery that has left me in worse shape then prior to surgery. I don’t want to go for a second surgery knowing the outcome can be even worse. Could the new worse pain be treated with TMS therapy or has the damage already been done. Extremely frustrated and angry at my whole situation. Some days I can barely walk. Obviously regret surgery but I dealt with a herniated disc for 15 years prior to doing the surgery. If my symptoms stayed same after I wouldn’t be as upset but everything has become worse. Any thoughts are welcome

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi cammb33,

Welcome to the Forum and Wiki.

The good news is that you're probably at the end of the line of physical treatments, given this disappointing result.

More good news is that just because the pain has increased, does not rule out TMS. At all. Pain can increase, and often does with TMS. So, though your mind may be going toward fear of physical damage, I would not go down that road.

You might do the best you can from here to eliminate the possibility of physical source of the pain, and move ahead into a mindbody approach. We have lots of resources at the Wiki.

Many have recovered from "failed surgery" with the methods here. Take hope, take courage, and good luck!

Andy

TG957 and cammb33 like this.
  3. cammb33

cammb33 New Member

What do you suggest as my first step in treating TMS? Get dr sarnos book? Something else?

4. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @cammb33 ,

So sorry to read of your recent troubles but as Andy wrote, you are definitely in the right place and on the right path now! I suggest "Healing Back Pain" first...It's an easy read and it changed my life. Then start "Unlearn Your Pain" by Dr. Howard Schubiner.

cammb33 likes this.
  5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

cammb33 likes this.
  6. cammb33

cammb33 New Member

7. cammb33

cammb33 New Member