1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling shaky and anxiety hungry when hungry

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by hawkanoxx, Oct 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. hawkanoxx

hawkanoxx New Member

I’ve been feeling anxious and shaky mostly a couple of hours after breakfast daily been checking blood sugar seems fine lowest I’ve seen is 4.2 mmol it’s been getting worse but neck pain is almost all gone is this another equivalent?????? Has anyone else got info on this ????

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi hawkanoxx,

Yes, I consider anxiety and shaky to be likely TMS equivalents. It is good that you've got your blood sugar tested, so that you can reassure yourself about this, treat as TMS. If you've consulted a physician, and been checked out, then I would proceed as treating as TMS.

Remember that as you proceed, TMS is trying to distract you from really knowing what the deeper feelings/issues are. Even more so when you're working your TMS process as you have been. That is its job.

So reassure yourself that you are safe, and inquire into what wants to be known and felt in you.

Andy

3. hawkanoxx

hawkanoxx New Member

Thanks Andy yes I’ve been trying to not let it fear me this week and trying to think of my emotion it’s just so hard to break the cycle I usually get an anxiety attack a couple of hours after waking up daily it never fails ????? Would that be a condition response ???

4. Miss Metta

Miss Metta Peer Supporter

I get this, too, about 30 mins after my evening meal. I presumed it was reactive hypoglycaemia but I don't have a blood glucose monitor. I get shakey and hot and anxious.

5. hawkanoxx

hawkanoxx New Member

Mine is 2 or 3 hours after breakfast only never happens any other time but it’s a daily thing

6. Miss Metta

Miss Metta Peer Supporter

Two or three hours after breakfast, especially if you are eating a high carb breakfast, I would normally say that's hunger. Two-three hours after eating high carbs would be normal to get hungry again. Have you increased activity and thus may need more fuel?
    A few approaches you could try:
    One: add in protein to breakfast and/or reduce carbs see if that fixes it . It did with me. I added in an egg and don't get mid morning crashes anymore. Some people do better on slightly more protein and fat, other people do better on more carbs. No one diet is right for everyone though simple carbs can cause spikes in insulin which then cause a crash - reactive hypoglycaemia. Not everything is TMS , sometimes we are not giving our bodies what it prefers or needs and a simple tweak can fix it. Not getting obsessive, just a simple tweak. If it doesn't work, move on. You're looking at emotional cause, probably.
    Two: get a fasting blood sample done by doctor, it's more accurate than pin prick tests just to absolutely rule out anything. You don't have to of course, but sometimes it helps confirm the TMS dx.
    Three: Figure out what's going on that's making you anxious. Of course now that you are expecting this to happen, that in itself can make you anxious. Does it happen only on workdays or weekends too? See if there's a pattern.
    You mention neck pain so yes it may be an equivalent.
    HTH
    Metta

7. hawkanoxx

hawkanoxx New Member

Thanks miss meta I’ll try changing my morning diet see if it helps I’ve had blood fasting test a while back everything was fine on that test