1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Free Download: Guided Meditation - Meditation for Chronic Pain & Mindbody Syndrome

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by alexisblairezielke, Jul 22, 2016.

1. alexisblairezielke

alexisblairezielke New Member

Hi. My name is Alexis Blaire Zielke. I have created a meditation for chronic pain and “Mindbody” syndrome. I am a well known forum member under a different name. The forum and the TMS community have been a large part of my recovery from pain. Before using Dr. Sarno’s techniques I had debilitating lower back, sacral, and hip pain.

For the past five years I have been assisting Dr. Jay Earley in creating guided meditations and IFS classes. Using the theories of Dr. Sarno combined with Dr. Earley’s take on Internal Family Systems Therapy, I created a meditation for isolating the parts of our psyche who are creating physical pain as a distraction from feelings of loss, anger, and fear. The meditation ends with a series of affirmations created to help our psyche believe that we actually can tolerate emotions and prefer them to being in pain.

The meditation will be made available on our website in a couple of weeks. But as my gift to you guys, for a limited time it is available for a free download at this website:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/abz/Medita...Mindbody-Disorder-by-Alexis-Blaire-Zielke.mp3

Thanks so much for all of your help and support. Any feedback whatsoever- negative or positive - is most welcome.

Alexis

Ines and mouser like this.
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Alexis, I'll add it to my toolkit and provide you with feedback.

alexisblairezielke likes this.
  3. Freeange

Freeange Peer Supporter

Hi Alexis:

I tried the meditation and it was VERY HELPFUL. I can play the link you gave me i was hoping to download it to my phone. How do I go about doing that? I don't see any way to do it from the link you gave.

Freeange

4. alexisblairezielke

Thank you Mike!!

Thank you Freeange for listening!!! And for the feedback. I'm happy it was very helpful.

Ok, so on my Mac if I go to "file: save/save page as" I am able to download the file to my desktop. I am not sure about a PC?

Alexis

5. Freeange

Freeange Peer Supporter

I figured it out. It's a right click on a PC

6. alexisblairezielke

7. mouser

mouser Peer Supporter

Thank you! This gets right to the questions we need to ask ourselves and our bodies.

BTW, to save, it's control-click for a Mac. :)

8. alexisblairezielke

Thanks Mouser :)

9. colette

colette New Member

10. colette

colette New Member

It was great Alexis. Thank you so much. I learned a lot.
    Colette

11. alexisblairezielke

That's great to hear Colette

12. alexisblairezielke

Hi Guys! Thanks so much for all of your feedback and responses.

This week is the last chance to download the guided meditation for free. We will be taking it off the free download site next Friday, August 19th.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Please also feel free to message me with any ideas or questions.

Alexis B.Z.

13. Freeange

Freeange Peer Supporter

Will you be doing any more if these?

14. alexisblairezielke

Yes! I have been recording meditations for a publishing company for the past 5 years and I am thinking of starting a new project on my own. I am becoming more and more interested in chronic pain and affirmations.

I think my next recording will be a way shorter meditation of daily mantras. I'd like to write something under 10 minutes that people could listen to daily as sort of a feelings check. A way of shifting the brain toward the psychological.

I will let you know when it is finished.

Alexis B. Z.

brendan537 likes this.
  15. brendan537

brendan537 Peer Supporter

I am looking really forward to this. Thank you.

16. colette

colette New Member

17. alexisblairezielke

Thanks Colette. Thanks Brendan.

Me too!! :)

Alexis B.Z.

18. Mustlovedogs

Mustlovedogs New Member

The link to the mind body affirmation is denied. An I purchase one. I am reading the book The Great pain deception by Steven Ozanich but need more tools to help me get through this.

Kimberly

19. stradivarius

stradivarius Peer Supporter

Hi Alexis,
    Thank you so much for posting this. I was really excited to read your post as I have been doing focusing which is similar to Internal family systems for a few years. I stopped as there is some kind of trauma and the work was becoming scary, however I have been wondering if my symptoms have anything to do with a particular part of me creating symptoms. I would be really interested to hear your experiences of using IFS if you felt OK to share at all?

20. stradivarius

stradivarius Peer Supporter

Hi Alexis,

I just got home from a trip and tried to download the track but access has been denied. I have an apple mac - could that be the problem?

Thanks,
    S