1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Gratitude to a couple of members

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by gitch, Nov 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. gitch

gitch Peer Supporter

I wanted to make a post here to express some gratitude to a couple of you who helped me immensely earlier this year. @plum and @Baseball65

I came here with aspirations of treating my ulcerative colitis at a mind level, as I was convinced it and other health issues I was experiencing were the result of emotional issues. You both suggested I pursue a more spiritual outlook to life.

For me, this didn't initially come easily, as I had not considered myself a spiritual person, preferring to look for scientific explanations before buying into anything. But I perservered and eventually found an outlook that resonates.

I have been working with a somatic experiencing therapist for the past few months, which is helping me enourmously. I have already reduced or eliminated many of the emotional roadblocks I was being held back by, and which were affecting my health. It's amazing how much damage repressed early trauma can do to you if you don't allow it to complete in the body. But conversely, allowing it to complete can do more in one session than months of mind-focussed therapy ever can.

This week I got the first sniff of success at healing my ulcerative colitis. After beginning to address the symptoms of sexual shame, my symptoms improved more in 12 hours than after months of elevated dosage of my meds. What's more, they have stayed there throughout the week. The only setback I had, I can explain.

Healing shame is not going to be a quick journey, but knowing that it's where my disease came from helps me focus treatment. Also, the severity of my disease gives a good reminder of how deep the shame goes, so I'm not expecting an overnight recovery.

But I really want to thank you both for enlightening me and setting me on the path I am now on.

Thanks
    Gitch

TG957, westb, plum and 7 others like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Beautiful post Glitch. I am so happy for you, in this breakthrough, and I enjoy feeling your gratitude reading your words.

3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

You are more than welcome my darling, and thank you for coming back here and sharing the boons of your experiences. The body-oriented healing ways are especially suited to trauma and it took me a long time to realise this. For me spirituality is as much about grounding and learning to love our body (for this is the home of our soul during our time here), as it is about the more expansive and majestic elements.

I send you the greatest of love and blessings and pray for your continued healing and happiness.

Plum xx

TG957 likes this.