1. Visit our new subforum for the upcoming TMS docuemntary ALL THE RAGE
  2. Everyone is welcome to sign up and join the discussions. Please support your TMS nonprofit by helping to build a community of TMS activists!

Having a Forum Welcome Message

Discussion in 'Our Forum' started by Forest, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest TMS Guru

I love the idea of having a Welcome message in the Main Forum section. We had something similar to this on the old forum, but I think we could make one that is much more inviting and personal on this new forum. One of our strengths as an organization is that we are made up of a bunch of people who have recovered from TMS/PPD. Each of our voices carries tremendous power and we all have the ability to help other people overcome their chronic pain.

Having a simple welcome message that is from the heart can really let first time visitors know that this is a place of support and that they are not alone.

Would anyone be interested in taking a crack at writing up a first draft of such a Welcome Message?
  2. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl TMS Guru

I would love to write it, but am in a "stuck period" and haven't experienced the joys of success. So someone else needs to write it. Someone who knows the wiki well too and can add some info about it, in case they land here first. I would respectfully submit that it should be not long, and include all the things Forest says above. When you have a long text, people tend to tune it out. Or move on.
  3. Forest

Forest TMS Guru

I went ahead and posted a Welcome message in a thread in the main forum. It is short, but I figured we could always edit it in the future. If you have any thoughts on any adjustments we could make feel free to let me know.
  4. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl TMS Guru

Is it "too much" to add one more place under the main forum page just for questions and stories? I've noticed that many people have questions on the wiki who aren't doing the program. They want to know more about TMS/PPD. If the program would help them. If someone can relate to their situation. Should we add yet another section to chat? "General Q&A: Support" section? Or is this too many?

I see (if I'm a new member), a place to answer questions on the Structured Program, the Q&A with an expert, and a welcome message. So where do *I* as a newbie post my question in getting started?

I think ONE more place to start conversations would be nice. And then we'd be done with separating out the different places to post.
  5. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl TMS Guru

Never mind - someone just did this!