1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Healing and Self-Care

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Livvygurl, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

Hi All,

I thought it may be helpful to post what works and what is soothing for me on this TMS journey.

Here are some ideas:

Hot Epsom Salt baths (3 cups), meditation (1 hour per day, or divide into two segments), positive self talk as much as possible (my body is perfectly healthy, etc.), of course reading about TMS, getting involved in the Wiki, eating really healthy food, doing complimentary therapies to help the bodymind intergrate, and the use of Humor!

Best,

Livvy~

Ps Any other ideas? : )

Cara likes this.
  2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Sounds like great stuff, Livvy. What's helped me the most has been reading about TMS, support from people here, and therapy (doing a lot of inner child work right now). I'm a Reiki teacher so I give myself Reiki and meditate a lot. I watch a lot of mindless tv. I also feel better when I'm around other people.

Livvygurl likes this.
  3. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Hi Livvygurl:

Great list! I love the addition of humor! One of the best ways to get ourselves feeling "light" and out of pain is laughter. We use that a lot around here. Glad to see I'm not the only one! I also like to sit outdoors when it's quiet. I can hear the ocean at night from our back deck. Very soothing. I also like to walk the beach and the woods. Play time is the best time.

BG

Livvygurl likes this.