1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Heel Bursitis

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Acjax, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Acjax

Acjax New Member

Hi Everyone, I’m hoping someone can help.

I have recovered from chronic back pain, neckpain, knee pain, hay fever and various other twinges and pains which were caused by TMS.
    I have a problem with heel pain which I believe is Bursitis. I have had it for 18 months now and I can’t get rid! I’m a runner and have continued running throughout. When I run the pain largely reduces and it only really hurts when I’ve been sat for a while.
    There is some swelling at the back of my heel.
    Is there any wise owls on here who can help? It’s taking up a lot of my thinking time and it’s starting to get me down.
    Has Anyone come across this?
    Has anyone recovered from this?
    Thanks in advance!
    Adam

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Have you had it properly diagnosed? How many miles are you doing and could it be an overuse injury? I had TMS pain in both my feet for four months but once I realised what it was and I stopped limping and focusing on them the pain went away. I have an extra bone on my foot which was convincing me the pain was structural but in the end it was just my old pain pathways trying to rescue me from 'dangerous' emotions.

Hope you get to the bottom of this soon. Maybe drop an email to Dr Howard Schubiner for his thoughts.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Acjax

Acjax New Member

Hi
    Thanks for your reply. I don’t think it is overuse, I run 10 to 12 miles a week, maybe 3 to 4 miles at a time.
    I’ll check Howard out.

birdsetfree likes this.