1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Help! Headache, dizziness, weakness.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Dakota, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Hello! I started the program because of neck pain and headache, and chest heaviness. Then, it started to disappear , I quit because I thought " ok, now I know how it works", and I started to have anxiety in other forms. More anxiety. Now, I started to have vertigo, dizziness, eyes problems, and in general I feel like my body is a bit weak. The headache is like light but constant. I started to move on once again, and do things like also taking a flight after 3 y of pandemic, or I started to show up in spite of all the judgement and fears. Anyways, I know in my head that this is the same old pattern, but this physical (and emotional) condition is starting to be challenging. Because I know at a rational level what's happening, but anyways I'm scared due to my
    hypochondria and hyper vigilance. My super therapist told me that interacting here can help me so much. Btw, I have so many emotional suppression and unsaid that i cannot recognize. I know that there is a rage and anger and fear, but there is something else that I'm not able to connect with. I'm a long time meditator, and during meditation all those body feelings go away.
    Any suggestion or experience to share? Thank you

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @Dakota and welcome.

You say you started the program, had some relief, quit, and began experiencing worse and/or new symptoms. And that symptoms disappear during meditation. And that you know it's all brain-based.

Your rational brain knows the answer. It's your irrational fearful brain holding you back. You haven't said that you've resumed the program...

3. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Hello! yes, I started once again the program, my therapist told me so, I-m at the very beginning once again. Anyways, yes I know everything rationally, but another side of me, that I cannot control, drives me to the pain. Thank you for your answer.