1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Tms

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by harrietta, Jul 28, 2020.

1. harrietta

harrietta Newcomer

Hello my boyfriend died 4 years ago then five months later my mom. I am having so much tms i have uti symptoms been to about six doctors cant find anything. It is only when I walk at home mostly in the evening I feel pressure.I also have back pain and my right side has pain in my hip and leg the doctor said it is sciatia. I have read Dr Sarno and it has helped me in the past now all this started in April after my business was shut down Im watching it tank we are not allowed to work because of the virus. So what am I to do. All this stress and I still have grief.
    r

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi harrietta,

Welcome to the Forum and Wiki. It seems that you know this approach to healing, and that you're looking for support. I am sorry about your experience, both the stress, and symptoms. This is a hard time for many!

You have listed evidence that you may have TMS, including "doctors can't find anything" with the uti, and "sciatica diagnosis," sciatica being a common TMS symptom.

Also you're connecting these symptoms with your recent losses and the stress of business pressure.

So you're already well on your way. We have a couple of programs for free that I'd recommend you use, starting with the Structured Education Program, which is free.

I have great hope that you're deepening your "Sarno" work, and that you'll see great improvement.

Recommend:
    Reading success stories, once per day.
    Ignore "why am I not getting better?" type posts. They are valid, but will not help you deepen your trust, sense of reassurance, which is part of what is needed.
    Find ways to "self soothe" which means pleasure, joy, satisfaction in any way you can. You want to increase neutral or positive experiences. TMS keeps you focussed on symptoms, fear about future, need to "fix" symptoms. Counteract this tendency gently when it arises.

Post questions and progress along the way! Be patient. Trust.

Andy

3. harrietta

harrietta Newcomer

Thank you. I have stared the Structured program and journaling. I also read and reread Mind Body Prescrition. Thank you so much for your kind words.