1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hi,

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Livvygurl, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

I just learned about TMS recently, I have had back and neck pain for 15 years. Glad to be here I already feel better!

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Welcome, Livvygurl :)

3. quasar731

quasar731 Well known member

Yeah welcome Livvy!

4. Livvygurl

Does anyone know if Dr. Sarno's DVD is available in a library. The ISBN # would help me to InterLibrary Loan it through my school.

5. Lori

Lori Well known member

The Healing Back Pain/Mindbody Prescription DVD? The only # I see on it is the Upc code
    Maybe search to see if you can get a used copy somewhere too?

6. Livvygurl

Good idea, I would love to get a used copy! I will search around. Also, does anyone from this online group live in Seattle, WA. It would be great to meet and share resources about TMS!!! :)

7. Livvygurl

Lori, Actually I mean the lecture series DVD or video.

8. veronica73

Hi Livvy,
    I remember trying to find that at the library too and I couldn't. It's kind of expensive I think, like $90 for two DVDs? My doctor had recommended it so I almost bought it and then I was feeling better anyway so I just stuck with the books.

9. Livvygurl

Veronica, That is great news that you were feeling better! I am a self diagnosed TMS patient. I had a million tests done and they couldn't find anything wrong. There are very few TMS docs in Sea-ville, and I claim my new TMS status proudly :) My Network Chiroprator (very gentle work) recommended that I read the book and now my whole life is shifting. I realize that I may be able to swing dance in a year, travel more, and feel less constricted. I just learned about TMS and the online community 3 days ago. I am already feeling better with less tightness in my body. Sky is the limit, yes, for recovery!!!

10. veronica73

That's great news!

11. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Welcome to the wiki Livvy:

Looks like you've gone straight to work with TMS and have had results. This is awesome news. Keep us posted on your progress.

BG

12. Livvygurl

This is a great video reminder (the 12 daily affirmations) and there are also some inspiring comments. Enjoy!!!

Livvy~

veronica73 and quasar731 like this.
  13. Livvygurl

Hi All,

I would really like to see this interview. It may be helpful for people with TMS to check this out! Does anyone know how to download a copy of this:

Inspired by the doctor's appearance on 20/20, television interviewer Larry King invited Dr. Sarno to appear on his show, Larry King Live. Mr. King dedicated an entire episode to a round table discussion on the revolutionary aspects of Dr. Sarno's work and its relationship to traditional diagnosis and treatment. Joining Mr. King and Dr. Sarno were spine surgeon, Patrick O'Leary, defense attorney and back pain sufferer Robert Shapiro, as well as Jeanette Barber and radio talk-show host Howard Stern, who also has been successfully treated by Dr.Sarno. The topics included the importance of making a correct diagnosis, and understanding that, in the case of TMS, the pain is real but the cause is stress-related.

14. quasar731

Livvygurl, I went to check this out and came across this website (see below) called Healing Back Pain. As I understand it browsing through it quickly you can the video of the Larry King interview and others with Dr Sarno. Let me know if you got it and the cost, I may get it too. Unless is for free...? Sorry I am about to go out so I have not much time to check the website properly.

http://www.healingbackpain.com/media.html

15. quasar731

I found this video of Barbara Walters on TMS and Dr Sarno

16. Livvygurl

Thanks Quasar731, yes, the 20/20 interview is excellent! As far as the the link goes, I think they were just listing general media coverage about Dr. Sarno on the one page as well as selling the Dr. Sarno's Lecture DVD. I think we can find the Larry King Interview on some website that has archives of LK shows. This would be a great media addition to the TMS Wiki :)

17. Livvygurl

I just got the Sarno DVD from Interlibrary loan through my school! YEs. They had a copy in Tumwater, WA. I am so excited!!! Love, Olivia : )

18. quasar731

Great to hear...enjoy!

Livvygurl likes this.