1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hormone Issues

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by subtlecollision2, Oct 4, 2021.

1. subtlecollision2

subtlecollision2 Peer Supporter

I haven't read about anyone being able to heal low female hormones using TMS approach. What am I missing? Regardless I've been trying to do it myself. I've healed my pains and somewhat my IBS but still very much dealing with the ugliness of looking masculine. I really want to feel feminine for once in my life. ;( Also I want to try to get pregnant again after a miscarriage and want my hormones to be in good shape. Why is this not talked about in TMS circles or books? I can't be the only one with low estrogen and progesterone.

2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

While stress can certainly wreak havoc with our hormones, I don't think that using solely a mind body approach to raising hormone levels would be effective. I'm sure there are many cloistered, contemplative nuns out there who are at peace and not in fight or flight/stress response, but whose hormone levels decrease with age or thyroid imbalances etc. I don't know if you have already consulted with functional medicine dr. or naturopath , but there are non synthetic treatments for hormone replacement (compounded creams, adaptogenic herbs etc) These types of holistic practitioners are usually good at looking at the whole person (their diet, fitness, stress levels etc). They can also advise you if you are over exercising or don't have enough body fat, things you can add to your diet, they may suggest meditation etc etc. I see a functional medicine dr. for my thyroid and approaching menopause and she is quite thorough.

Dorado likes this.
  3. subtlecollision2

I've already spent hundreds of dollars on supplements through the guidance of a homeopathic/naturopathic doctor, then an acupuncturist, and finally a functional medicine doctor. Nothing helped at all. That's why I'm convinced I need a mind-body approach.

4. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh I see....If they weren't able to help you than it may indeed be a matter of being in the physiology of stress too often. Have you tried meditation or yoga or any other modalities to calm the brain and nervous system? Also have you had any therapy that is emotions based? If you have exhausted the physical avenues, it may be that other underlying processes are keeping you stuck. There's definitely nothing to lose using this approach and it can only benefit and optimize your life, so it's a win win in that sense!

Dorado likes this.
  5. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

6. subtlecollision2

Yeah I do hypnosis for almost an hour every other day. I see a hypnotherapist weekly as well. I've done a lot of journaling. I also do my best to express my emotions when they come up. I'm not sure what else to try at this point.