1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

How do i overcome guilt/regret (tinnitus)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by NameK, Jul 3, 2021.

Tags:
  1. NameK

NameK Well known member

So recently ever since i first noticed my tinnitus in nov 2018 after a loud dj event. Ive been burdened with regret and guilt.

Not so much from that particular night because i feel i probably would have gotten it anyways

but more so my life growing up as a teenager.

I would use a gaming headset from the age of 14 or 15 almost everyday for hours on end for who knows how loud playing fps games.

When i worked out at the gym i would have my headphones at a decently loud volume.

Ivr been to atleast 15-20 concerts and one 2 day festvial from the age of 19-25.

Would blast music in my car when i had 2 10 inch subs, and play music all day in my work truck at 30 out of 60 volume.

Not to mention all the clubbing, loud bars i would go out drinking too especially when i was 19 and single (canada) and even when i met my current long term girlfriend.

I would occasinally get tinnitus after a night out or a concery but it was always temparary and be gone the next day.

I saw a doctor once i noticed it wasnt going away and they told me to not use my gaming headset, headphones for atleast a month and avoid loud sounds. And i stupidly didnt listen.

Also went to a concert a month after

And have still been using my gaming headset at lowish to moderate volumes for the past 2-3 years.

My tinnitus atleast recently has gotten louder in both ears abd has been distressing.

Makes me wonder if i had quit my gaming headset and not gone to the concert if it wpuld have improved