1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

How to recover from flare ups quickly

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Balsa11, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

What do you do if you feel like crying or panicking or have really bad symptoms when you're in front of people? How do you get by without suppressing emotions and causing worse symptoms or having to leave or take a break? I don't want to just talk about symptoms because my dream career options are not the most accepting of mental health issues/other disabilities and I want to work/have multiple sources of income as long as possible(lack of structure doesn't feel good). The low stress/"fun" jobs are also the least paying except with some narrow specialties. I also want to explore other things besides Plan A but I feel discouraged that most of society triggers TMS instead of helping to heal it. I don't want to miss out on opportunities to succeed. I know things like sabbaticals are normal now but I'd like to be more active and comfortable around people instead of taking tons of breaks.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

I’ve read several TMS books that mention the first relapse is often hard because many people have simply stopped doing any tms work, or figured they are no longer effected by the TMS phenomenon.
    Further relapses are described as having less impact simply because people know what to look for; the unfinished work that still needs to be done. Dr. Schubiner explains that once fe felt some pretty significant pains, thought about why they showed up - felt feelings surrounding the issue for a minute and then went back to what he was doing with no more fear or pain. Basically he refused to let the symptom become a set back. I can’t wait for that day!!