1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tutorial How to send a personal message / private conversation

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

You can easily send private messages to anyone on the forum. I just helped Chuck make a video showing how to do it, and I'm afraid my mischievous side may have come out a bit as I sent a few too many messages to him, trying to catch him off guard. Here's the video:

How do I send a private message?
    A. All logged in users have the capability to send private messages to other members. To do this simply click on the the "Inbox" tab located in the top right of the screen. Once you are in your inbox click on the "Start a Conversation" tab, which is also located on the top right of the screen. Add the participants you wish to message in the "Participants" field, and type your message in the message box. To send click on the "Start Private Conversation" button. For more, please watch the following video tutorial.​

Hope this helps! Please feel free to ask any questions you may have below, and we'll make sure to answer.

2. Carol Omans

Carol Omans Peer Supporter

Hi Forest,
    I made a mistake on my name. Should be Carol Omans instead of Carolomans! I also tried to write my story but it didn't work. I'm 70 and not totally computer savvy so I will try again, although it's tough to keep remembering this difficult stuff. Just please change the name so it's correct. Thank you for your help and for a great forum! It's only been two weeks and the pain is better already. I am working the program and enjoying the process. Thanks again,
    Carol

3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello Carol, I've sent you a private message regarding your request to change your name.

Please would you be so kind to check your TMS wiki inbox. It can be seen at the top right hand corner of this page. Thank you.

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Carol - Welcome to the forum, and thanks for being part of the Chat yesterday - I can tell that you have positive and constructive input for this community!

Posting your profile story is a bit wonky. Forest posted a tutorial somewhere, but I'm going to tell you two ways to get to it:

1. Hover on your name in the upper right menu bar from anywhere in the forum, and in your drop-down menu, don't click on "your profile page" - click instead on "personal details" under your picture. You'll get to the editing page, and My Story is down the page a bit.

2. If you are already on your Profile page, (screen shot below) there are two links to get to the editing page: one is the blue "My Story" on the left. In your case, just below that, you also have another line that says "This user has not yet added their story. Click here to ...."

upload_2017-3-26_12-7-58.png