1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I feel like im not in the present moment and out of this world.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Oct 5, 2021.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

Hey everyone. So I have a problem I feel like my mind is not in the present moment and its out of this world. I can't explain it, but when I'm doing real life stuff (mostly a gamer. I also create content) I feel out of place and my mind blinded by reality.

thoughts?

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  2. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

3. Dakota

Dakota New Member

4. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Hi! Would you like to share and describe trying to be the more specific you can so to help me to help you but also to help you to have a clear pattern in front of you?

when it happens

how many times per day/week/month

where is located in your body this feeling

what you do to hold on

how long it lasts

why do you think it’s happening

Hope I can go on helping you

5. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

6. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

7. stevow7

8. stevow7

hey well i can try and explain you, i feel like im not in place. head hurts, I see blurry, I feel tired and not living the present moment. my mind feels off and almost not feeling emotions. sorry for the late reply

9. stevow7

10. stevow7

sorry for the late reply. so this means im fatigued from constant thinking?

11. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

@stevow7 - no. The tiredness is most likely defense mechanism so you don’t have to deal with whatever is going on internally for you. Basically running away or the flight part of fight, flight, freeze - sleeping avoids you having to deal with the reality of your anxiety and TMS. It makes mindfulness a task but that is a great chance to tell your brain to keep being in the moment and not run, when you are more alert Somatic Tracking can help. It may be a some time before you see rewards so keep it up! It too me 6 months to see a difference. When I am tired I rest my body but keep my brain focused by reading TMS books or listening to a TMS podcast - I tell myself to keep present, I’m the boss and I make the rules, not the subconscious!

Piano Mom likes this.