1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

If you're doing Alan Gordon's free program, you've gotta listen to this!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by lauraseago, Feb 15, 2018.

1. lauraseago

lauraseago Peer Supporter

Some 'continuing education' for those who are in (or have completed) @Alan Gordon LCSW 's free program on the wiki....

I had the opportunity to interview Alan for the Curable podcast a couple of weeks ago (apologies for the delay in actually sharing it with the wiki!). The interview is chock-full of great advice and specific examples. It's basically the equivalent of another few days of free content for your healing.

*You can listen to the interview here.*

@Ellen has already posted about this interview once (thanks Ellen!) but I wanted to make sure anyone doing the free program gets a chance to listen.

For anyone who has already listened.... what parts did you like best? And when we interview Alan again (as many people have already requested a second episode with him), what other topics should we cover?

BruceMC, mm718 and Click#7 like this.
  2. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

I liked the interview with Aaron. Very inspiring. Wish to hear more recovery stories that include what they did to heal. Thank you.

mm718 and lauraseago like this.
  3. Ewok2

Ewok2 Peer Supporter

What part did I like best...? Um, ALAN’s SONG about Dr. Sarno!!!

He also has a poem on the Thank You Dr Sarno website too.

Who knew he was so multi-talented ;)

lauraseago and Ellen like this.
  4. lauraseago

@Click#7 glad to hear that Aaron's story resonated with you. We actually have a lot more like that, but most are not included in the podcast... they are in the Curable app (both free and paid versions).

You can access them by clicking "Recovery Stories" in the side navigation of your app...

IMG_1454.PNG IMG_1453.PNG

If you don't have the app yet, you can download it in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.

@Ewok2 LOL yeah I was not going to let that episode end without including the song. Too funny! It gets stuck in my head all the time now.

Click#7 likes this.
  5. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

Thank you for posting this! I listened and have now subscribed to the podcast. I really like your style with the podcast. Very fun.
    I would like to know, how did you know I always leave my phone number twice on a voice mail?

Alan has a great singing voice. I wish I had a recording of his "Three Exams in One Day" song he mentions in about day 19 of his program so I could play it for my son. My son has complained several times throughout his university years of this problem.

6. Click#7

Laura, the stories are great...do you have any stories of folks that are older like > 50 years old ? Not just 20-35 year olds that heal quickly ?

7. lauraseago

@EileenS Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. Lots of other great interviews from TMS physicians in the archives to check out, too. And you are not alone... I think this forum is full of people who leave their number twice! It's funny, when Alan said that in the interview I thought "no, I don't do that..." and then at the end of the show, I spelled out our website address twice before I realized "oh, wait.... this is what he means!" Too funny.

@Click#7 Yes! Check out Jill, Alicia (Dr. Batson - actually a TMS physician), and Susan's stories.

EileenS likes this.
  8. EileenS

Hi Click#7, I'm curious. Why do want to hear about people who heal quickly? Or, is it that you want to hear stories about people > 50 who heal in general, not just the ones who healed quickly?

Click#7 likes this.
  9. Click#7

How about adding some stories of folks that are older like 50+. Most of your stories include people that are in their 20-30's ? I think it's wonderful they've done so well but when you're 60+ and you've been dx'd with MBS...we need some inspiration too. TX,s

10. Click#7

q
    yes

11. EileenS

Ok, here's a brief one.
    Over 4 years ago I was hit with chronic pain and thought I was dying. I'm not given to this type of thinking normally, that's how much pain I was in (terrible ibs and upper body pain, stemming from my neck and shoulders.) I begged my doctor for drugs. I was on Vimovo for a few months and Lyrica for about 6 months. I had just turned 57. Imagine feeling like you have the flu for months and months on end.
    I am now 95 - 100% better, depending on the day. I always had a steady improvement, which I attribute to my internal determination I've always had and my optimism to always have hope. I came across my first Dr Sarno audiobook 1 1/2 years after being hit with the pain. Prior to that, I went for physio and then massage and listened to every library audiobook I could find that would give me hope. ( I had too much discomfort to read.)

In the past 11 months, our house has been in almost constant renovations, losing all but our living room on our main floor for 4 months. Plus, we have had 8 or 9 funerals to attend for family and close friends in the past 9 months. I have been incredibly busy this past year with major life stressors, and yet I feel better now than I did a year ago. I'm 61 now.

Some day I'll get around to posting 'My Story' on this site.

lauraseago, Lainey and Click#7 like this.
  12. Click#7

I wish you would and include what your doctors diagnosed you with.