1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Imagi-Nation

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by North Star, Mar 12, 2015.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

I read something the other day that made me chuckle but also contains a powerful truth. Here's a paraphrase:

Imagi-Nation is a magical place in our minds. When we're kids, we go there to play.

When we're adults, we go there to worry. :)

2. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

I think it's time for me to play :)

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Whe I worry about something, I quickly go to that happy place, Imagi-Nation.
    It takes me to happy thoughts and calming places.

Often, taking a walk, even a short one, especially with my darling dog Annie,
    takes me to my Imagi-Nation.

Thanks, dear North Star, for putting a word to it.

4. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Lexylucy and Walt, here's to more play and less worry!

Hugs!

5. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

I was reading Dr. Martin Rossman's book - which I found out about from this wiki forum - Its called the Worry Solution and he discusses that its the very same place in our brain that imagines the worst case scenario and absolute best scenario. His plea is for us to stop scaring ourselves with our own imagination. I recommend, if you haven't seen his you tube to do the meditation. It starts about 30 minutes into the talk
    I love the idea of using my imagination to cultivate all sorts of wonderful qualities.