1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

is this the new lyme or (insert ailment here)

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by runnerguy, Jun 13, 2021.

1. runnerguy

runnerguy New Member

Hello, I am convinced much of my life i have experienced mind body symptoms. However my biggest struggle has been over the concept of "floxing". I took four , yes only four , pills before reading about the terrible things that have happened to people that took this class of antibiotic. I'm at a loss to discern whether this is indeed tms at work with the things i have experienced and if I need to be worried long term

2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

I think you may have posted about this issue in the past and it is definitely the stuff of nonsense and online mythology. These types of things have been debunked over and over. It is patently ABSURD that 4 antibiotics that you took god knows when (surely not yesterday or today) would somehow be wreaking havoc on your system right now lol. Your problem is anxiety and you need to decide to face the issues for which your anxiety is covering up. This is simply a distraction your brain is using. It's a trap. You already know deep down its b.s. but you cling to it. The real question you need to ask yourself is why? What truth (or truths) are you unwilling to face?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    Tennis Tom, backhand, Ellen and 2 others like this.
  3. runnerguy

runnerguy New Member

I experienced some weird pains and things a day after stopping. Its hard for me
    to discern whether it was a real reaction or a fear based one. Thats where im hung up. How do we derermine if we "nocebo'd" ourselves?

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

We have to engage our higher brain by using logic and reasoning in order to override the fear based reaction of our primitive brain. As @miffybunny states above, there is no logic in 4 antibiotic pills causing long term effects in the body. Correlation is not causation. Look for psychological reasons the pain started.

Tennis Tom and miffybunny like this.